1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nc500 Multistrada Trip

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Twin4me, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Short video of our Multistrada trip to the Western side of the NC500. We stayed in a house in Ullapool and the weather was 'mixed', two pretty good days and two less good (50/50), one wet were we stayed t the house and then a wet start to the return trip and an horrendous second day with solid rain all the way from Chesterfield to Home (Surrey). It was good be able to ride some of these roads I'd heard about, some are superb and some a bit narrow with poor surfaces but overall a great trip.
    (PS we did allow an XR along as well on the basis that he's previously owned three multi's)

Click on the Vimeo logo to see full size.

#1 Twin4me, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hey good trip !
    Notice you (?) rocking a Klim suit, how do you find if in terms of venting on a multi. My V4 Multi appears to cover everything apart from my head so the venting is now much reduced.

3. It’s the Klim Marrakesh jacket which is excellent.
    Sadly the weather was so cold so I had a heated waistcoat, Klim zephyr wind layer and a down jacket as well!
    On the trip home I added a Scott waterproof on top but even that couldn’t keep the rain out after 4 hrs on the motorway (the zip on my Rukka had failed a few days before).

Have a look at Motolegends review, I’m hoping it will work better in a warmer climate. I’ve ridden in it in hot weather and it flows plenty of air

4. Did the NC500 in late June wearing my Klim Marrakesh and Rokkertech jeans. Weather was warm and sunny for the whole week. Bought it for Corsica trip which will now be next year but it performed brilliantly.

The Rukka mesh jacket apparently flows more air but the Marrakesh is cheaper and IMHO fits nicer. Usually a large but bear in mind this is built for the American physique, had to return mine for a medium. Then spotted it in my local Helmet City for £20 less... Motolegends 'never knowingly undersold' type guarantee kicked in and got refunded the difference plus a 10% discount. Gotta love Motolegends.

Going all in on the layered approach with a Halvarsons Marino wool top (like the Marrakesh and Rokkers also from Motolegends), Rab down jacket (will be camping so dual purpose as evening wear) and Held Wettour waterproofs which are excellent.

5. Great to see, thanks for posting it. We need more of this kind of thing on the forum, that’s what it’s all about.

The 2019 EMM looked good too:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nice video quality what camera do you use ?

I have innovv k2 front and rear but the quality is awful and very bouncy. Sound quality is pants too.!

7. Genuine question……after you’ve watched the footage immediately after you’ve filmed it do you ever watch it again?

8. No, it's pretty crap lol.

9. And that’s why I can’t see the point of ever buying one :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Main reason I have them is in case something happens and video proof is required. They're ok for that, but for capturing good rideouts they're not the best quality

11. It’s all in the editing!
    You need to shoot different angles and views then spend time editing it all down, I find the more you throw away the better it gets.

I use an old Drift camera, it’s set to continually record and there is a remote on the mirror. When you press it the camera saves the last 30s and next 30s so when you see something good, nice view etc, you just save it. Much better than trying to the camera on and off all the time or recording hours of footage.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for that and yes the EMM is always a great trip, even though it’s been postponed for two years now, come along next year!

13. And do you watch any footage you’ve taken after you’ve watched it once or twice?

14. I did when I was doing my advanced training so I could review my positioning etc

15. So not very much then ;)

16. No . But like I said previously, it's more for needing the footage if I need a claim or capturing evidence for anything else that happens while I'm out :)

17. Great video, NC500 is on the to-do list.

Perfect track selection. Another new band for me to investigate.

18. Sounds interesting, what’s the destination/region?

As for video editing, yes 99% ends up on what used to be called the cutting room floor. Editing takes far far longer than shooting it. Multiple cameras is a recipe for drowning in material, good luck with that but it does make it much more interesting.

As for live action sound, wind over the microphone is the problem. Tried various but haven’t perfected it yet. Maybe I’ll do a bit more this coming year.

19. I deliberately haven’t got one, as I ride like a twat, so if the police ever found my camera I’d be handing them my prosecution on a plate!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. For this reason if anyone on a DOCGB ride out has a camera they are asked to switch it off or ride at the front of the pack so they can’t incriminate anyone else.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information