1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Need New Chain And Sprockets

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by dddd, May 10, 2017.

1. I'm at 25000 k's (about 15500 miles) and my chain is stuffed (I think) I have never had to replace chains and sprockets on a road bike before so I'm looking for some suggestions on which brands to get can anyone help me with this ??

2. #2 Wayne58, May 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. What Wayne58 said. DID x ring.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Thanks for that, I'm assuming the 108 link is for the standard teeth sprockets (which I believe I will retain).
    Now what brand of sprockets would you recommend ??

5. Even if you go for a 42T sprocket the 108 link chain fits. It just shortens the wheelbase (nothing that I could feel on the road). I personally went for a Supersprox 42T at the rear and an Esjot 15T at the front paired to a DID XVM-Z chain.

#5 tzoykas, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. The Sprocket Centre for a quick change sprocket set 15/42 and the DID ZVM X 530 108.
    Good upgrade to go to 42 on the back.
    "You know it makes sense"

7. If you're running the latest ECU I wouldn't bother changing the sprocket size. People seem to have done it to get around the shortcomings in the DVT's ECU when they were launched. If you've had your bike connected to a dealer laptop from anytime from July 2016 onwards it's really not needed any more as bottom end and mid-range torque has been improved significantly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Got to disagree there, fitted my supersprox 42t rear after warranty work & flash to Ecu by Riders Ducati dealer, definate improvement !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. What @desmonator said. Good gear (Or the original OEM sprockets, nothing wrong with them either(Renthal also worth a look)) :)

PS, Don't forget, has to be a 530 sprocket set as well to go with chain size, seen this mistake made before !!

10. Thanks all, I have ordered the 15/42 DID ZVM X setup from the sprocket centre, just the normal set (not the quick change ) Just hope there sprockets are good quality

11. And when was that done? Did you not notice any difference between taking it in and riding it away? I can't believe that they flashed the ECU if you didn't notice it because it's like the difference between night and day.

I've had two different occasions where I've been into the dealer and they've updated the ECU and on both occasions it's been a massive difference, the cumulative effect being absolutely outstanding. Last thing I would want is to increase my engine revs at motorway speeds.

I should also state that I was seriously considering a change in the final drive ratio prior to my ECU updates, so I totally get where people are coming from based on the original ECU. Get your ECU updated first, then take a view on whether you really need to change anything, it's just common sense. Could save you £££'s.

12. While it will, I disagreed as it changes the geometry and makes the bike an inch plus taller in the seat. Get a 110 if going 42T :)

13. I couldn't flat foot with the 40T sprocket, still can't with the 42T. Not much changed :D
    Although I agree with the change in geometry, the change in height is nowhere near an inch. I'd say a centimeter. That is with me on it.

14. as someone with a 27" inseam, where I can tell a cm difference, its an inch ;) On std I can have one foot flat and other touching floor. With 42/108 I was one foot on tiptoes, other miles off.

15. Bradders, are you Warwick Davis?? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. His big brother. Doesn't say a lot ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Changed the front sprocket one tooth less, stock chain, didn't notice any height difference but performance difference substantial.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Typically one extra tooth on the front is equal to three extra at the rear. I have no idea how changing the final drive gearing alters ride height unless the chain is being over tightened to the extent that it impinges on rear shock compression - if that's the case then be very concerned about the integrity of the oil seal on the output shaft.

19. SSSA use an eccentric hub. Turning the hub to tighten/loosen the chain and move the rear wheel in/out will either raise or drop the wheel in the SSSA and therefore alter the ride height.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information