1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need New Kit

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by R1stan, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Hi all,

This is my second post on the forum and already looking for some guidance. Long story short I sold all my old bike stuff when I sold my last bike about 6 ish years ago. Literally sold everything from paddock stands, trickle chargers, chain tools, sliders, leathers, gloves basically everything I had.

now that I am buying a new bike I need to purchase some goodies, as I have been out of the game for a while wanted to get peoples views into buying now or waiting for MCN London show.

What’s the show good for these days in terms of buying Leathers, helmets, gloves, boots, stands and anything else that is generally a good show deal.

appreciate the guidance.

2. If you want leathers go to the Scott stand. Don’t get off the peg. Get Jim to measure you and get a full set made that will fit you perfectly. Personally, I highly recommend them.

Better than Dainese off the peg and cheaper too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. I'd always buy local in case something breaks , ie zips, helmet vents ect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Try your local as cook said above as you just might get a winter/end of season bargain or two.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Optimate chargers, Abba stands, Halfords tools, carbon helmets, Rokker bike jeans, Garmin GPS. Buy all and have litttle or no change from a two grand. Jacket, boots & gloves not included!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheers, much appreciated

7. Planning on riding in all weathers or just fair conditions?

Where are you living at R1stan

8. Pretty much fair weather all the time. Located in Surrey.

9. Helmets are the same as before, find one that fits your noggin shape,shoei and hjc carbon seem to be good at the moment.

I presume as you have a 899 you will be looking for a one or two piece leathers? if you buy tools or anything from Halfords then it's worth paying the £15 subscription card. You get discount on most things even car stuff(bought a £92 car battery the other week for £47) various tools etc

10. Are yes, good shout re Halfords. Thanks.

Yes, leathers all the way.

Depending what I find over the next couple of weeks I might get some bike jeans as noted in jez900ie post, plus a jacket for the limited riding I do before the finer weather arrives. Also good for quick trips into the office in the summer removing the need to change from leathers.

11. Go a mix. Local. Sportsbike shop.co.uk
    The London show had some very good value helmets, gloves and boots if you don’t mind last years models.

• Like Like x 1
  12. If you can afford made to measure suits then there are few companies like Hideout, BKS etc.
    Arc-on get very good Ride magazine reviews for their gear. I have their top spec glove which is excellent
    As for armour; D30 & Forcefield score very highly in independent tests.
    Happy shopping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I agree with Biot, and Scott Leathers will do your made-to-measure service at the London show.

14. Arc-On are no longer in business

15. Have a look at the 'Price Beat' guarantee at Motolegends. Then go and find stuff you like online in a sale and get Motolegends to beat that price by 10%. I just got a Schuberth C3 Pro helmet for £287.

16. Infinity also do a price match and their points scheme is really good

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. They won't give you an additional 10% of the difference off, though.

18. Oh, when did arc-on go? There stuff got good reviews.

19. A while ago. I’ve got a few pairs of their gloves and like them. DRC gloves are a similar style but not as good quality I don’t think

• Like Like x 1
  20. I have a new Heine gericke two piece suit. 40/42 chest 36 waist black and white. Pro sport armour etc £90 pick up try on? Not advertised anywhere and it was this thread that caused me to remember, age you see.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information