1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Need To Vent And Moan ... After Sales Support - Joke

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Carbon749, May 25, 2017.

1. Wasn't going to do this, but, so fed up with the "after sales service" I've had, I just need to rant a little.

Recently bought a used Gen II Diavel Carbon from a Ducati main dealer, and I love the bike.

Doing the deal, having a bit of banter, meeting the team when I went to view the bike etc .... Brilliant, could not fault the experience one bit.

My cash was tied up in an account that required notice to withdraw. They agreed to hold the bike, do some work which was part of the deal and deliver the bike to my home at an agreed date.

All this went to plan, but, the problems started from the delivery onwards, the bike was supposed to come with :
    • Full standard exhaust system supplied loose, as the bike has a full Termi system fitted
    • New tank pad fitted
    • New battery in key fob
    • New tyres
    • New MOT - even though it didn't need an MOT yet
    • Serviced
    Standard system missing, old scuffed tank pad still fitted and the bike said I needed a new key fob battery as soon as I turned it on.

Additionally, the owners manual was only in Italian, no English version at all.

All was discussed with dealer, and promises made to sort it all out.

I arranged to be "working" close to the dealer one day, which is over 2 1/2hr away, and called in to pick the various bits and pieces up.
    • At first they could not find the standard system, then a can turned up and a box with pipes in. The can was scuffed and scratched, but, I was assured that it was the one from my immaculate bike, and when I looked in the box at the pipes, these were from a Multi Strada and not a Diavel. Half hour later, they agreed the can was not mine, and that the pipes were missing
    • No tank pads in stock, so I left with out that
    • The bike has not been used for a while, so the key fob low battery warning will probably settle down when I start to use the bike, according to the sales manager
    • Good news though, they had a used, scruffy English owners manual I could have

The bike then had a problem with the fuel gauge and needed a new sender. This is not the problem of the dealer I know that. But, they asked if I could bring the bike and leave it with them ..... I live over 2 1/2hr away, and how was I supposed to get back home etc after dropping the bike off? The dealer agreed to collect the bike and sort out the sender unit, along with fitting a new tank pad, key fob battery and finding the standard system.

Bike collected all as agreed, and returned today .... 3 days early .... all very promising.

BUT ......
    • Standard can is in great condition, with NO pipe work at all !!!! The can came in a Zard box, with a customers name on the box, that is not my name, or the previous owners name. I only assume that someone had a Zard fitted and I have their standard can. That's OK ish, but in the box is also the Invoice from the UK importer to Speedycom, then the Invoice from Speedycom to the end user. I have everyone's details, prices paid, credit card slips etc
    • A seat turned up with the bike, I was told it was for my bike. Turns out it's a standard seat of a Gen I Diavel, my bike is a Gen II Carbon - No one has ever mentioned a seat before ???
    • New tank pad fitted
    • Key fob battery sorted

The dealer (remember this is a well respected MAIN dealer) has now had 3 attempts to sort out the points all agreed at the time of the sale.

I still have not got the standard pipes, but I do have a seat that has nothing to do with my bike.

Should it be like this when you spend £12k, or am I expecting too much ???

2. There is also something else missing, the std ECU for the std system. Full Termignoni comes with its own dedicated ECU. If my own dealer is any example, it's the sales team who are responsible for all the bits associated with a bike they buy/trade in and working with the service team to prepare a bike for collection after being sold. You rightly have a beef and IMO your first point of call is the Sales Manager if there is one. If not, go straight to the top, owner/DP. Andy

3. Can i ask, who is the dealer?.

4. No you're not expecting too much but sadly it all sounds very common to me.

I've had it many times, nothing major just enough to really piss you off when you collect or take delivery of your expensive purchase.

We expect them to know all the details of that bike but invariably they've not got a clue, it's £10995 now do you want to buy it or not..soon as you ask them questions it all becomes too much bother so they just say yes to get the sale, then worm out of it after.

Just my experience........unfortunately.

5. #andy

I thought the Termi system used the stock ECU and had a Ducati Performance map installed, is this not the case?

Need to get my facts straight before I go back for my 4th attempt at getting this sorted.

Plus, I've been dealing with the Sales Manager all along ..... its him that has supposed to have sorted this .... 3 times.

6. Could it be that you have the termi end can only ? This was an option on the gen 2 I believe . If so you'll still have an exhaust valve
    No ECU with Gen2 full termi but an upmap key I believe

Sounds normal I'm afraid .... but looks like you got everything you expected bar the header pipes .. maybe some chap expecting a stock seat has these

7. You have a point, our gen1 titanium exhaust came with a separate ECU. I'm not sure when the upmap appeared or what models it applied to but I can check. Andy

8. Yes, looks like an upmap so you should have a memory stick. Andy

9. I have the upmap fitted, comes up on the screen when I start the bike.

#m@tt it's definitely a full Termi system, no valve and I have an invoice from when it was fitted, nearly £2k.

I may only be missing the stock front pipes now, its more the fact that they have tried to sort the points out 3 times and still get it wrong. This is a well respected main dealer, not a crappy back street set up. It feels like they couldn't organise a Pee up in a brewery.

I will return the Gen 1 seat, and hopefully get my standard system sorted.

10. WM Snell are a brilliant dealership - buy from them next time. Speak to Bryan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hmmmm

Very common sounding @Daniel Howes knows what I’m talking about.

I’ve had grief with every dealer I’ve used sadly

12. For a £12K sale in winter, they should have made it perfect first time & not be effing around. If the Sales manager can't sort it out, I bet the owner can?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. Winter sale?

14. Carbon749, who is the supplying dealer of the bike?

15. Having bought a car from distance, from ‘a dealer’ and been shafted on my consumer rights, nothing surprises me.

Hope they sort of for you

16. please do give us a name so we can all take our business to dealerships who deserve our pennies:sob: what a dreadful story, doesn't inspire a lot of trust for future issues, hopefully you have none!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. If what you are saying is accurate and supported by evidence, please tell us the name of the dealer @Carbon749 . If it's defamatory and would result in a libel action, please don't.

18. Sounds a lot like my experience with a particular franchise. Be interested to know which dealer is causing you so much grief.
    I now use a dealer that's over 2 hours away because the one just down the road was shocking.
    Lesson learned. Main dealer does not guarantee they have a clue. Some are very good however.

19. First rule when describing the terrible service you’ve had from a dealer/
    Never, ever mention the name of the dealer.
    That way others can go to the same dealer and have to put up with lousy service too, and you can hang on to the hope that things might get better and you can one day be admitted to the inner circle of special customers who get invited to shit evening buffets on the launch of a new model

Many owners are their own worst enemy, they want to be known by their first name and greeted as a friend, with a coffee on arrival. They get a little frisson of how it must feel to be a celebrity and part of the “Ducati family”, and they think that loitering round in the store every weekend like a bad smell gives them a special aura, while the staff look on bemused, all the while thinking “twat”
    You’re entering into a commercial arrangement, not a love affair, so keep your guard up and don’t give your trust away easily:eek:
    Shocking I know

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information