1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Tyres For My Multi 1200....

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by bradders, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Not going for PR4 or 5 I think, fancy a drier grip pier tyre. M7rr still the best alternative? Like a tall profile to maintain the sharper steering and also give more clearance as I have a habit of riding off the edge of touring type tyres too easily.

Ta

2. Riding off the edge Bradders ?? Surely the side wall just compresses a little so you don't ride off the edge ??

PS, really like the Bridgestone T30's I have on the Mutley, think the T31 is out now ?

3. Yep, a lot of Bridgestones tend to be flatter profile, eg bt16s, so it’s easy to have no strip on the back and a few MM on the front. Then on track nothing on the front. It’s why I like the PR4 too, you have to be on it to get close to the edge. So not margin for that special occasion. Are those a sport touring tyre?

4. They are, but RH race school used them (now switched to Dunlop's) so if it was good enough for him good enough for me. Years ago, a bloke told me, if you want to pick tyres for grip and longevity, look at RH race school, as they don't wanna be changing tires every other day, but they do want grip, so I've stuck with that advice pretty much every time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. CSS use continsport attack, which seem ok too. The latest Dunlop’s look ok, and seem to get good reviews.

6. Another vote for the Bridgeys here’ve too, had the T30 Evo on the Hyper and once I stop spunking money on other stuff I will get the current version on the Multi ....

• Like Like x 2
  7. I have a new pair of T31’s in my garage to go on 8n two weeks after I have changed the colour of my wheels.

Never been disappointed with Bridgestones yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Reviews look good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Did you ever try the tyres we were told about at the Pirelli talk at superbikes?
    The angels were they?

10. Simon runs them on his multi, seems to like them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've flipped between pr4's and pirelli anget gt's. Both are pretty good and I would be happy with either and would buy the cheapest at the time of purchase

#11 noobie, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  12. I wouldn’t discount Road 5s, the dry grip is easily as good as Angel GTs and they feel quite sporty with good turn in. They honestly feel like a sporty tyre, not touring.

13. Roadsmarts on my DVT, no complaints,

14. I’m just about through a set of Diablo Rosso IIIs.

Really pleased with them, clearly won’t last as long as the original but the steering has got quicker and grip levels are way better.

That said, I’ll be trying some M7RRs next.

15. Isnt there a shortage
    of these right now?

TBH I was thinking about last years tyres, try and save a few quid as if I use as I expect I'll need another set by the winter.

16. I'll be going for M7RR's this time. PB's best performing road tyre this year and couldn't fault them on my last Mutley. Properly confidence inspiring imho.

17. I think if you go with any of the race school's, you ain't going far wrong :upyeah:

18. They can get PR5 for tomorrow, and cheaper than m7rr so gone for those.

19. Z8’s very happy with mine and not at still prices too

• Like Like x 1
  20. CSS were using Pirellis at Silverstone the other day.

Quite fancy trying the T31s but the Z8 Metzeler is still a great tyre and can be bought for £200 fitted to the Multi.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information