1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Neutral & Overheating

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Bob J, Aug 26, 2019.

1. just seen on a Multistrada thread the problem of selecting neutral.
    On my Multi I have no problem. On my 1299s it’s impossible to select. Any solutions ?
    Also overheating. I dread coming out of a circuit on a hot day and having to sit in a queue. Fans just can’t keep the bike cool and I end up pushing it.

2. Some say with a remap you can get the fans to come on at a lower temp. You could run a manual fan switch, turn on when you feel it WILL get hot soon.

3. Neutral solutions? Same as for the Multistrada. Bleed the clutch. I can select neutral with the engine hot at stand-still easily when the clutch is properly bled. But it needs doing regularly. I carry an 11mm spanner on the bike, because when the clutch goes soggy, it can go quite quickly. It can be ok for three or four rides and then on the fifth it may need bleeding whilst I am out. It is very quick job to do; you just crack open the bleed nipple on top of the master cylinder whilst lightly pulling the lever. Normally a little drop of fluid shoots out before real fluid starts to flow. Close the nipple job is done. Lever firm again.

Overheating? Don’t know. Mine seems to cope ok with extreme heat.

4. I would check the condition of the clutch basket also. Had a neutral selection problem on my 1098. Fitted a new clutch plates and was still shitty and the basket was well worn so replaced the basket and all good now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information