1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never Ridden A Bike Before

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Widow79, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Until last October I had never even sat on a motorbike never mind ridden one. After a short trip to Snell Ducati a brand new Supersport S had been purchased and my DAS had been booked... however I had ‘forgotten to inform the war department’ of my newly found love for motorbikes but she was fine when I confessed what I had done.

Passed the tests, been out for a few rides, commuted to and from work and have alps trips planned for the summer. Absolutely adore my supersport, it’s plenty fast enough to scare me but well mannered to keep me out of trouble.

So, if you see a white Supersport with full Akra system tootling around Surrey, it’s probably me.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Title should say “Never ridden a bike before”

3. Welcome and fair play to you

• Like Like x 1
  4. Title amended.

Well done and welcome David :)

5. congratulations on your brave but must do move and enjoy,snell's are a class act and always very helpful everytime:upyeah:

6. Welcome new dude :cool::upyeah:

7. Did you really buy a motorbike and not tell your wife?

8. Hello and welcome Mr79 although I prefer the no 69 :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I’ve done that. She’s still waiting for me to discuss the new scrambler :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. But a first bike? That's a fun exciting thing I'd want to share.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. You'll have plenty of time to use it now you are single!
    Welcome to the forum. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Welcome into the mad house

Pics of bike and bins are aforum law and we like them
    Red is best ;) :motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc:

Here’s to your continuing lie and bling buying :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Welcome Surrey lad :upyeah::)

14. Are you a hippy?

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Yup. Cost me a trip to Cartier in Bond Street. She was fine with it providing I do more training and buy the best kit

16. Well it's only money;)

17. Widow79 is a call sign for forward air controllers in Afghanistan. Read and amazing book called Fire strike 7/9 which tells the story of the FAC’s.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Welcome to a world of addiction....more so that you gone with one of the most addictive marques ever. Currently hacked off for reason a. Its pissing down outside so no chance of getting out on 3 of my bikes and b. The 4th one (ducati being off the road for an engine rebuild)....which is now the one I want to ride more than ever....and this is all after 25 years of bike ownership....

19. One of the sales guys used to work for my company. I trust him and he was right to recommend the Supersport. Rode it in urban mode for a few weeks, then switched to touring as my confidence grew. Am doing California superbike school in April and have hired the same bike as I own so I can learn its capabilities on track.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information