1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never Ridden In The Wet

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Bondy7070, Dec 14, 2019.

1. I don't even know what models they are? Anything apart from a 916 then 999 onwards I haven't got a scooby.

FB_IMG_1576332339211.jpg

FB_IMG_1576332336703.jpg

FB_IMG_1576332334704.jpg

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Bloody hell. :eek: I initially thought the one on the left was a Desmo, but couldn't see the gas cartridge on the forks.

Some knowledgeable chap will be along soon. :) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. They will never start as the engines will be flooded

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. The “lorry” looks like a Piaggio Ape or similar small 3 wheel truck.
    If that’s the case those bikes are awfully small! Are they kiddie’s ride along toys?

5. They are the Ducati prototypes being made for all the midget panigale owners to finally get their feet on the floor maybe

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Good spot. :) I knew someone with a bit of knowhow would solve the mystery of the deep. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. A real mystery of the deep. They look incredibly detailed for kids toys though?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. Yeah good spot. However the second photo looking at the forks and break outline it looks real does it not?

9. Actually ang on, is that a stabiliser coming out of the rear wheel lol?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Someone’s on here then :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. @hyperdildo what your bikes doing at the bottom of the ocean?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Remember "The Sidewinder" 3 wheel device for learners that wanted to ride big bikes, in the 80's? :grinning: It legally made your 350LC a trike.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Negative mate, I was born in 92. Did they catch on?

14. Not really, but I did see the odd one back in the day. I can't remember what the licencing laws were around trikes and bikes, but they did get round the need to have a bike licence. They used to pivot so you could lean the bike. :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  15. I do :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. It was because the sidewinder technically turned your bike into a sidecar outfit with no cc limit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. AS far as I can remember, if you had a sidecar on your bike , you could ride unlimited engine cc on L plates. It was to get round the engine size restriction placed on learner riders.[250cc max I think]. I seem to recall a legal challenge by the authorities, about the device, that they lost. Apparently it fulfilled the requirements for a sidecar as laid down by themselves.

18. Why the 250LC & 350LC existed back in the day. Learners could ride the 250cc bike legally.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Most of the guys riding on my area passed their test with one of those. 350lcs didnt wheelie too well with one fitted. If you wanted to filter you could pick it up.
    Luckily I was that little bit older and didnt need one to ride my rd250 on L plates

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information