1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New 1200 Dvt S Or Base 1260

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Lord Farquaad, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Still trying to replace my stolen DVT (base model).

I’ve found an unregistered 1200 DVT S Touring for the same money I’d pay for a 1260 Base.

Is Skyhook, LED Lights and the TFT dash better than the upgrades from a 1200-1260??

I’m guessing they are.....

2. Yup.

Have a S Touring myself, awesome bike with great bits on it.

3. Tough choice, but I think Skyhook is fantastic, and that alone would swing my vote.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The leds are phenomenal at night

5. Whilst I appreciate that the 1260 is s better bike spec for spec, the S is definitely a worthwhile upgrade over the base.

So I’m pretty sure my 3rd Ducati will be a white DVT S Touring on an 18’ plate.

I think it’ll feel like a worthwhile upgrade and not replacing my stolen bike.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Personally I think skyhook is a unnecessary complications
    I generally don't ride at night so the cornering LED are of no interest
    Colour dash is it necessary
    Me I'd buy the base 1260 and get the suspension set up by a expert

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. All depends on your style of riding, I had a 1200dvt S replaced with 1260 S, I chop n change between sport and touring and solo and 2 up so the skyhook is invaluable, the brakes on the S are something else too. I love the quick shifter on the 1260 but that’s not a reason to change in my opinion. Make your decision based on the type of riding you do :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 1200S Touring would be my choice, fit it with a Healtech Quickshifter Easy and your good.

The Healtech is better on upshifts than the factory "Domino" QS, and i could live without downshifts.... i've just moved from 1200S with Healtech to 1260S so have experience of both..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 1200 DVT "S" all day long imho

#9 Wayne58, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Save up and get the 1260S its much better engine that the 1200 and the 1260 has lots of littte improvements that just work plus it should be worth more when you chop it in.

11. 1200 would be my choice and if after a year or so it's not your cuppa tea, there will be a few second hand 1260's knocking around at a more reasonable price

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Turns out I can have the white DVT S Touring with a years extra warranty cheaper than a new 1260 Base.

So it’s ordered and hopefully I’ll pick it up Thursday.

Can’t fault the speed of the insurance payout. Less than 2 full weeks into a replacement.

I’ll post pics (with bins) when I can.

Guess I’ll learn the complexities of skyhook now.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Nothing to learn, it’s the best bit on the bike that just works :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. My last two MTS have been base models, as will be the replacement 1260 when I get round to it, for me it’s a no brainier as I prefer the manual suspension, can always upgrade to having a quick shifter fitted to the 1260 which is the only thing I would add to the base model.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm half looking for a new 1200S in white as a possible replacement for my 3 year old 1200S, but I've only been able to find a grey one so far...
    Given my previous experiences I only want to be able to buy a model where I can get at least 1 (or 2) years extended warranty which I thought was only available on unregistered models.

Good choice, I've considered the 1260 but didn't think it was worth the extra money.

16. Finding an unregistered one this late in the summer has proved difficult. But if you’re willing to travel there are a couple about. I’ve bought from Riders in Aylesbury (there last one), which is 200 miles away.

17. Yes that's what I found as well, congratulations on the new bike.

18. Who's your insurance company, unfortunately you only get to know how good a company is when it comes to a claim and yours sound spot on.

#18 Franksie, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Get 1260 and invest on Ohlins suspension from the Pikes Peak model (if you want to save some money buy only forks).

20. My broker is Cornmarket (formally IAM Insurance) and the underwriters are AGEIS (who have been great to deal with and quite fair). Recommend.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information