1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 New 1260 Planned?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by El Toro, Jul 27, 2017.

1. I'd be looking for a V4 version in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. :cool: Well, there I was contemplating changing my 15 plate Pikes Peak in early 2018, for a similar DVT model, when there was my next Multistrada iteration, staring and grinning back at me in MCN.
    It would seem that Ducati are launching their newest Mutli towards the end of 2018, early 2019, with a 1262cc, Diavel type motor, producing circa 165bhp, in a bike weighing 200kg 'dry' potentially....:grinning:

So it looks like I'm going to wait a while and add a few more miles to the current red-one :p

I wonder what other modification-goodies the newer bike might be released with?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Good idea Tony. It will also give you a few more months to save up for the concomitant increase in price!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I get what ya saying, but put a pipe and remap on your existing bike, will up the power to approx the same, and the weight saving from said pipe wont be far off the 10kg saved on the new bike. Food for thought ?? And many £££s for the wallet ?? :thinkingface:

5. Threads merged

6. Belt drive maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I wouldn't be too upset about that :upyeah:

8. Perhaps a Street Rod, Iron or SuperLow versions?

9. Will it come with a Sport Tassle pack? Not to be confused with the Sport Touring pack obviously.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wash your mouth out :punch:

11. X Diavel has belt drive and it would make sense on a touring bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I agree if it's as power efficient as a chain? No mess, quieter, what's not to like?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It's a Harley.....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. A light weight 160 plus bhp Harley that handles, stops and goes like a sports bike, with Italian flare and styling, but fitted with a clean quiet and efficient belt..... Again, what's not to like ?? :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Its a Harley...Cant make it any simpler than that ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Pretty much every ducati is overgeared these days to meet regs: I'd rather have ease of regearing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. So bigger or smaller belt pulleys and longer or shorter belts is an impossibility then? :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. There's a thread somewhere by xdiavel owners seeking to do this: can't remember if merely prohibitively expensive or no one does the parts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Don't fancy a belt on an adventure bike if its going anywhere near loose stuff. One stone between belt and pulley can be very expensive.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information