1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 1260s... Collected!

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by RocketRomeo, Apr 11, 2019.

1. I bid farewell to the 2016 Carbon ... which I absolutely loved for 3 years...

But yesterday I collected my new 1260 S....

Wow! 300 miles ridden today and I can’t describe what a difference in every positive way!

The engine is sublime!
    The quick shift gears are awesome ... even the throttle blip on downshifts are seamless!
    Ohlins suspension is so smooth... and refined even when riding enthusiastically over the worst UK B roads and lanes....

I’ll post some photos etc... but for now all I can say is if anyone is thinking about it... just do it!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Did it a week ago. I agree completely

• Like Like x 1
  3. The only thing I don’t like... and seems like a design backward step... are the rear indicators sat on the number plate holder.... what’s that about?! They were perfect before! And I’m worried that because of this we will not see a tail tidy....

Also got the heated grips thrown in which were magic today.. never had them before ... did you get any extras?

4. No extras, but I did get a good p/x on my bike. Better than if I’d sold it privately.

5. How’s that new positioned centre of gravity working out?
    Must have been some engineering ball ache I’d imagine?

6. I thought the cog of the previous bike was good... but this one is truly astounding ... the bike feels incredibly light

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Good review. I like the comment about sports bike riders changing over because that’s how I felt.

8. What are you going to do regarding the rear indicators? I see the X diavel has a custom led wire harness which integrates the rear lights as indicators? Also thoughts on exhaust???

9. No idea... I’m waiting for someone to release a tailtidy... hopefully soon!

Exhaust.. not the best sounding, little tinny... dealer has offered me a good deal on fitted termis... but I want to see what other manufacturers produce... but probably can’t wait as I’m impatient...

10. Trip to Scotland over Sunny Easter...

Bought the Ducati screen for trips like this... 900miles done... but taken it straight back off as I’m not the biggest fan... but it made a big difference.

Heated grips ... how did I live without them?!

Cruise control... awesome! And made the ride much more relaxed on the long motorway stretches..

Handling of the bike is incredible for its size... much better than my previous 2016 Carbon... which I thought was good... tight twisties and long motorways are all munched up by this beast! The Öhlins are great and having adjusted slightly, it’s.now so smooth, even over our crap roads...

And with all that ... it has the grunt of a sports bike... and still turns so many heads...

Very happy...

0E81EE13-AEF4-403F-8E68-62E6B329E2DD.jpeg

1A817395-7C8B-4D6A-8BAC-6D98FFB27D55.jpeg

4219DB65-DF13-4D7C-A44E-824ECC4A575E.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  11. How are you finding the windscreen?
    I’m doubting whether or not I should get it. I’ll be doing quite some motorways...
    It just looks so badass without it.

12. I agree but it made a big difference with it... plus I got the Ducati phone holder (made by sp connect) and it fit nicely underneath it

13. Is that set up with the Moto Mount Pro? Pics are always welcome :)

14. Aaaagh decisions, decisions! In the processig of changing my Multi and all these great reviews are making it difficult.... lol! First world problems eh?! :)

15. Yes that’s the one but I got it from my Ducati dealer so it has the “Ducati” branding on it and it was cheaper....

It’s this...

https://www.ducati.com/gb/en/accessories/ACC011623

I then got the phone case for my iPhone X ... again from my dealer as it was cheaper and has the nice leather back with Ducati logo embossed.

I’ll take some photos of the set up , no worries!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Test drive a Diavel 1260/1260S and your decision will be made for you...!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I am picking mine up in 2 weeks - got heated grips,screen,frame plugs and tank protector chucked in and got £750 over book value for my MT10SP so a good deal I'm just debating whether to get the Termi exhaust as dealer offered me a good deal but it's still expensive and looks worse than stock exhaust

18. As promised... I hope these give a clear view of the phone set up... basically the phone aligns in between the screen and the warning light panel above.. so from my position I can see everything I need...

C96142B1-B2FA-4863-97BA-CC9CC000E25F.jpeg

05D8F81E-3349-4E43-94AD-488124EE5EDD.jpeg

5DF5B63C-8740-408E-BCDA-E4A469EA3614.jpeg

06A1B3F1-CFB3-44F2-BA2D-655A90070B9C.jpeg

870EADFA-893C-40DC-A3FA-8A6DAA212311.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information