1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748 Owner's Diary

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by jimmer, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Nice looking bike and enjoy it but you should have got a grey one

• Like Like x 2
  2. Crazy talk... you mean the American catalogue model one?

DUCATI-748L-Neiman-Marcus-Limited-Edition-11554_1.jpg

(I know you meant a Senna)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. E673ACD8-7547-4293-9E17-16BB93EEAB62.jpeg
    Nope they didn’t have the sticker but it looks good :p

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Very true, I think colloquially they've picked up that monicker though. I've heard SSie models referred to the same. My understanding is though that the only Senna models were the larger 9XX bikes, if that's correct?

5. Some cracking roads up with you. Get some meths out to clean those headlights and have the suspension set up for you, will transform the bike (when you can use it).

Welcome to the yellow 748 club - they should all be yellow!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 200 numbered 916 “Senna” models in shiny silver with red wheels were made in 1995 which sold so successfully, the 916 Senna Mk2 in an odd dark grey with red wheels and the 916 Senna Mk3 in gloss black with red wheels followed in ‘96 and ‘97. Although a similar grey colour scheme with red wheels was offered on the 748 and I think ST4S, there was no marketing link with Senna. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheers, there are indeed some cracking roads up here, can’t wait to get out properly in the better weather.

Headlights are on the to do list, suspension is on its base settings at the moment and to be honest the bike feels absolutely spot on, might play around after some more miles though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. That program last week with with Henry Cole. .. didn't he mention the 916 senna was a tribute to his mate senna??

9. While waiting on the Supersport battery to charge I thought I’d get through a couple of the jobs on the 748. No dice on cleaning the lights as all the toxic liquids that were in the house have been drunk over the festivities so they’ll have to wait. I did learn how to take them out though to sort my wobbly dials.

Also changed the clutch cover gasket as it was looking a bit tatty and gave the clutch housing a good blow out, leaving me looking like a chimney sweep! Battery bracket was a bit wonky so sorted that and noticed a wee film of oil over the starter motor. Cleaned it up and will keep an eye.

Lovely easy bike to work on, will probably invest in some dzus fasteners to speed up the fairing removal even more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Very nice, I'm looking for a 748 now the 851 isn't on the cards.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Highly recommended!

12. Lovely, almost identical to my old one, same year and model, even has the same tail piece and nose graphics. Mine was on a 2002 number play "RO02 OCV" and disappeared only a year or so after I sold it (from the DVLA site).

I do miss the 748's, you can ride them pretty hard on the road due to them not being over powered.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Surely that’s an AND consideration rather than an OR.

14. [​IMG] Treat it well and it will give you years of joy.
    748 1.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I had an 888, bought from new. A mate at work saw it and liked it so much he tried to buy one. By then it had been superseded by the 916. When he got it we went on a track day to Goodwood. He Kindly let me have a go on it. I simply could not believe the difference. It felt tiny by comparison to the 888. It revved so freely and on the track was so much quicker and easy to flick through the tight chicane. I immediately sold the 888 and bought a brand new 748SP.

16. My 996 sps goes quite well now.:D

17. I will likely have one for sale in a month or so. PM me round about the end of Jan if you haven't found one by then!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information