1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 796 Hypermotard Owner

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Julian, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Best say hello, been a member for quite a while but up until today have never been a Ducati owner, i have an R6 track bike, a Fireblade road bike, i used to have a money pit KTM 625 supermoto, this morning i bought myself a shiney red 59 plate 796 Hypermotard, i've just had a quick bimble around the block as it's been and still is chucking it down few things i need to ask straight away -

The bike is on 13600 miles i have no service records that mention the timing belts being done, though the seller said they were done at 8000 miles, what are the intervals, is this something you can do yourself ? or how much would it cost at a Ducati delership to have done, the bike is due an MOT in October so i could get it done at the same time if its not extortionate

Can you get a quickshifter fitted (make and models please)

Can you fit a gear indicator (i have a GI pro in the garage somewhere)

Is the SC 2 into 1 exhaust system and evotech tail tidy the best option for tidying up the back end, i prefer the look of the single sided high level exhaust, i've been reading smudgers posts about this with interest, i just wondered if there are better options ?

think thats about it for now, no doubt i'll be plagueing you all with a thousand questions the more i ride the bike, thank you and happy riding

2. Evotech is not a straight fit... it wil need drilling and some kind of 'boss' to go between it and the subframe otherwise the reg plate is bang in line with the exhaust gases

3. Get the belts done, not worth risking it..

LV decat is worth it, cheap on ebay. If you fit an exhaust then a remap is well worth while but not essential. Can't comment on the QS but I want a QA throttle as the next upgrade, followed by a suspension tune.

love this thing....

4. I've got a HealTech QuickShifter Easy on my 796, it works great!

The timing belts are to be done either every 15000 Miles or 2 years depending on which comes first.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. very helpfull thank you guys, had a chat with Vikki at JHS racing, got the bike booked in for belts, suspension set up for my height/weight and Translogic quickshifter, if funds allow i'll have the SC exhaust, tail tidy and get it mapped as well :upyeah:

6. Smudger would you be kind enough to post up or send over a few picks of your bike with the exhaust and tail tidy fitted please :upyeah:

7. I'll get a close up of the tailtidy mounting

IMG_0486.JPG

8. If your going to get it on the dyno I've got a set of cycle works air filters for it.... Welcome to the forum.

9. I've highlighted the alloy boss I used plus the zip ties that stop it pivoting on the single mounting bolt.

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information