1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 916 Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Danny88, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Hello everyone, name is Dan and glad to join the forum, last few years been touring Europe on a BMW GS and some fun on an NC30 but dream bike was always a 916 as original as possible.

Came across one being sold here in the UK last week only to find out a buyer had put down a deposit, I was gutted as it was in great condition with only 17k miles on the clock (Grey Import).

So asked seller to let me know if things don't work out, got a call few days later and today collected this beauty.

916.jpg

The bike's condition exceeded expectations, it is a great example, obviously been very well looked after by original owner and only been in UK last 2 years, all history with it and original exhaust etc.

Now this is currently sat in my kitchen, hope the Mr's wont notice.....

• Like Like x 11
  2. Well done new dude :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome Dave :)

4. Welcome and congrats on the new bike :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice bike Danny-boyo.

Welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Who’s Dave?

7. You, Dave :)

8. Haha.:joy:

9. nice bike, thats a keeper look like an original strada!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I was a little concerned as it was a grey import and I don’t know a lot so called up Ducati in Italy. They confirmed the chassis and engine numbers.

Belts were changed 12 miles ago so looks like it’s genuine. Got lucky finding it I think.

11. what year is it mate?

12. It’s a 1997.

There’s only one problem with it, which happened yesterday while checking vin numbers:

6233ABE0-03C1-4A4A-ABA1-EF99F91CBD23.jpeg

This broke off the bottom section which pins the left and right sides together, looks like it’s been repaired before so any advice on how do do this is much appreciated.

13. Love the nc30,,but a big tick in the box for 916,can you take the bike back to the dealer to sort the problem?

14. It was a private sale so unfortunately just one of those things, to be fair to the seller he was a really nice guy and it was obviusly annoying but not his fault so I’ll have to research plastic welding or some sort of bond, I think it’ll need to be braced to try and get some strength in the repair. Hopefully someone on here has some experience with it.

15. yes lots of people on here that will point you in the right direction,Enjoy the bike and if it has the flip up side stand,,watch out!

16. Get some Q bond on it! Genuinely powerful stuff.

#16 Fire3500, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Welcome Danny. :) Nice bike. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1

18. Thanks for that, will get some and have a go :upyeah:

19. Thanks mate, nope it’s not a suicide stand thank god, brother has a 916 with one and its lethal, just a matter of time before he drops it.

20. hello and welcome dude..
    nice bike!
    I had a fastener missing on my 748 on the underside where the fairings meet. I knew it was missing and had one to replace it but in my haste to set off for the iom tt I forgot.
    I was passing a truck on the m1 at a decent rate of knots when the fairings ( both sides) came flying up and smashed me on the elbows.
    scary as fuck!!!
    so make sure you do a good repair!

• Agree Agree x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information