1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 916 Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Alan Murphy, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Hi,
    Completely new to Ducati ownership when I came across a 916 restoration project.
    I've always been a fan and was looking for a hobby(!)
    Its going to need a lot of TLC so I would appreciate any contacts for work - the main work is heavy cosmetics to the engine, forks, shock and frame.
    Cheers
    Al

IMG_20190127_142425.jpg

IMG_20190127_142444.jpg

IMG_20190127_142500.jpg

IMG_20190127_142519.jpg

IMG_20190127_142538.jpg

2. Welcome and enjoy :):upyeah:

3. Where did you find that?? Bottom of the sea??

Welcome though.

4. Don't spoil my karma, I'm happy!

• Like Like x 3
  5. :D only joking mate, if you need help just shout I've just finished my sps rebuild.:upyeah::upyeah:

6. Thanks, I know it's been badly neglected but on the plus side it was cheap and is a runner so mainly cosmetics.
    All contacts and advice appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome and good luck!

8. Welcome to our family. ..

9. Awww she looks in need of some tlc good job she has you but your forgot your bins :punch:

:) welcome into our mad house

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Welcome Alan. A great bike and a good (but sometimes frustrating) time lies ahead of you. There’s a wealth of knowledge within the forum members and it’s unlikely you’ll encounter something that hasn’t been handled by one or more in the past.

It looks like you’ve a bike that’s not had the benefit of living in a dry garage and has had to sleep rough :(. My first suggestion is to subscribe to the forum and get the Halford’s discount card, you’re going to get value for money from it. You’re going to need a lot of penetrating fluid for starters!

2nd suggestion is to start a thread in the Builds/Projects section and the answers to all your questions will start to flow.

Good luck with the project and we all want to see a sparkly shiny beautiful bike back on the road this summer. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Al,Welcome to the forum,that's some project you have there:cold_sweat:,pictures as you proceed and goodluck:upyeah:

12. Welcome to the forum. :)

13. Welcome Dave

14. Great project enjoy the rebuild I've not long finished my 1991 Honda cbr 600 it took me just over 3 years to do
    Welcome to the forum

15. Hello and welcome.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information