1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 959 Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by mark75red, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Hi All, so after a few years of lusting, i took delivery of a 959 corse last month - ridden twice waiting for spring and lockdown to end.

Love it, its a gorgeous bit of kit.

I have one minor frustration - lack of decent engine casing protection.

I ordered some R&G, but 1 it looks really cheapo and nasty and 2, there's a load of factory fitted plastic covereing between 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock on the clutch cover that needs "removing" which i'm not happy about - it must be there for a reason right?

Been looking at Bonamici, which looks nice and i think will not need me to hack away at factory fitted parts to fit - has anyone got any recommendations? I'm booked on trackdays (hopefully) from April so want to get some protection fitted prior.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheers

3. Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome to the forum:upyeah:, where's your pretty pictures.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  5. My bike isn’t to hand so can’t check but I’m fairly certain that I bought Bonamici covers for mine. The right side is fine but the one on the left side didn’t fit/work as intended. I fitted a T-Rex racing crash bung on the left side and I’m happy that should protect that side. I too wasn’t happy about having to take the bike half apart to fit the R&G ones.

6. Welcome and enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. here are a couple

A5A113CE-8A56-452B-8E84-5DF78A596021.jpeg

70A002E9-6BE5-4422-897D-8457A4C92A67.jpeg

BD4014DA-EAD4-49E3-91E7-CB40D5CD3FC3.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. cheers, i looked at the t-rex too. but as a set, the clutch cover has the same issue as the r&g and even though you can barely see the LHS one it would ruin my ocd brain.

it’s a real shame gb racing don’t do any other than for race fairings as i’ve always been a fan of their products on previous bikes.

i think i’m going to go bonamici.

• Like Like x 1
  9. taken the plunge and gone for the bonamici. not happy with the cost, but don’t want cheap nasty looking plastic on this beauty

45854922-DF94-4033-9A0D-C8A0F24A87E8.jpeg

10. Welcome. In general the LHS is a pain. I have DP ones on the RHS, but LHS I'm going for R&G (for the slider on it). I'll have to cut a lot of fairing away, but I bought track fairings so not fussed. I wouldn't do it with the corse fairings.

• Like Like x 1
  11. been a while, had the bike a year, still absolutely loving it, did a bit of touring and a few track days last year in amongst commuting.

new question for those who know, i’m thinking about a decat pipe running with the arrow end can, does anyone have any idea on noise levels for a similar set up? i want to gain a little more character, but at the same time don’t want to be “that person” everyone hates as too loud, and more importantly get myself in trouble with the noise police at donington / silverstone.

12. Welcome to the forum.:)

13. Get a de cat pipe on and forget about trackdays. They are stupidly loud. Had one on mine for a few months then ditched it for the under belly jobbies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. As above. Even underbelly Akras fully baffled are a problem at Donny 98Db days. Ask me how I know. :confused:

15. thanks, that’s exactly what i needed to hear.

16. thanks for confirming

Do Not Sell My Personal Information