1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New Arrival........

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Neil987, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Picked her up yesterday, first of the 2016 builds now with colour coded panniers. Even though weather was pants got a 100 miles down and still have the big grin. This bike is awesome, chicken strips - what chicken strips! The power, handling, balance is the mutts nuts and can't wait for the sun to come out again and get that 1st service done n dusted.

Now i have a dilemma, as the good ole boys from Snells threw in a Ducati tank bag because of the delays I've encountered i now have a brand new Givi tank bag with tank lock ring, any one want it? It will fit the Old and New Multy. I will sell for cost which is £52.41 for the Givi 3D603 tank lock bag & £8.78 Givi BF11 lock ring + postage if i need to send it.

How the hell do you get the screen cover on without bubbles????

M-0584191R.jpg

M-0551611R.gif

WP_20150713_16_11_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20150713_16_15_38_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hi Neil, As my 1200s is not due to the end of the month (ordered with all 4 packs) are you sure they are all coming with colour coded panniers or did you specify this when ordering.
    Great looking bike by the way.
    Regards
    Paul

3. Looks great, congrats!

4. Nice looking bike. The panniers look great.

5. My top box has colour coding which you pay extra for

6. Enjoy & looking forward to more bling'

7. All i was told is this was a 2016 build bike as the factory shuts down in Aug/Sept and all new bikes will be colour coded. Mine is a S model, not surer if that makes any difference.

8. Nice bike, congrats! I like the colour coded panniers, any thoughts on the upper rear mount? Was anything changed / updated?

When I did the test ride last weekend the dealer also said you have to pay around £80 to get the panniers in red or white. I have heard other people saying you can only get them in colour with MY 2016 o_O...?

The Givi tank bag seems very similar to the Ducati one, I bet Givi makes it and they just add the logo.

9. I have the Givi tank bag and it is very similar to the Ducati one with a couple of exceptions. The logo is different, as is the moulding around the logo. Additionally the Givi bag does not have any hole/socket on the back for supplying power into the bag. I think the Ducati one does, maybe comes with the USB kit. You can see the Ducati one here, Urban pack.
    Ducati Urban pack

Oh, and these colour coded panniers look really nice. :)

#9 Scaraman, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  10. Yes you do

11. Bugger. My dealer never said anything about colour coding so mine as silver.
    Phone call tomorrow me thinks as much prefer colour matched.

12. Beggars belief that bikes were not supplied with colour matched luggage from day one. Hopefully the topboxes will be the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ive just purchased a white one and picking it up on Saturday. How do I know if it is a 2015 or 2016 model?

14. Agree!

15. To be certain you can check the 10th digit of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and that should tell you the model year:

Ducati VINs Decoded - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

Vehicle identification number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Letter F is 2015 and G is 2016. Most brands start the production of the next model year around Aug / Sept, it may be that Ducati starts earlier but I'm not sure.

#15 Nico1, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  16. I do not really understand how they can call it a 2016 model it is a 2015 model updated, I can understand them making a 2016 model that will be sold in 2016, I guess is the same, just should be recorded in a different way.
    Wonder what other changes there are?

17. It's definitely the same bike, however in the new model year the may change suppliers of certain parts. I remember in my GS the shocks changed from Sachs to WP between 2010 and 2011. If there are faults in the first production batch the following model year should have a lot of the bugs fixed, hopefully!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information