1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R New Bike Day

Discussion in 'Monster' started by tcrofty7, Feb 8, 2021.

1. After much deliberation over what type of naked bike I wanted, I looked at the 2020 KTM SDR and 2021 Triumph Speed Triple, I finally settled on the Monster 1200R. This is my first Ducati, so I’m somewhat of a virgin! I own a 2020 Aprilia RSV4 which I purchased new last year (in preference to a Pani!) which I love, but it’s bonkers! It’s great for a 100 mile dash but not for comfortable long distance riding (not touring). I therefore wanted something a bit different with a more relaxed riding style, but also packs a punch and looks sexy. I feel I’ve made the right decision and look forward to riding her once the weather improves.

I’ll be looking make a few minor upgrades such as carbon fibre, keyless fuel cap, Evotech levers and bar end mirrors.

Roll on Spring/Summer!!!

20210207_123430.jpg
    20210207_123622.jpg 20210207_123709.jpg 20210207_123804.jpg 20210207_124400.jpg 20210207_124416.jpg 20210207_124451.jpg 20210207_124503.jpg

• Like Like x 22
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Looking at those tyres your up to to speed already.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nah, the previous owner did a trackday on it!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. ....but it always look good when turning up a public bike meet just to impress the locals.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. It is a good looking bike. It's a personal opinion but I could see these being much sought after sometime in the future as it's the last Monster to make me want one now, judging by the latest offering.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. That's why i bought it Chris.

The trellis frame, the v twin engine, everything about it reminds me of what a naked should be. The latest naked and hyper naked bikes don't do it for me like this one does.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Very nice enjoy the ride

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was expecting a request for bins? New year new you maybe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. yes where are they :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Under a couple of inches of snow!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. i like snow too no excuses :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. ...and you can get away with not even needing to confirm binnage within picture/artistic licence. Have it on good authority that there's a bin under here :upyeah::-

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I'll sort one out for you at some point

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. Nice :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Good choice. Hoping to be out on mine next week. Only done about 6 miles on it since buying it just before christmas. Roads have never dried out since but next weeks forecast is promising here.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'm a fair weather rider so won't be gong out anytime soon

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Beast of a bike! Love it. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Excellent choice!

not that I’m biased or anything... lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Very nice and great choice. Welcome to Ducati :upyeah:. Keeping my 1200s for the same reason as the new ones look crap.
    Nice garage door! Just ordered some :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wasn't expecting anyone to appreciate the garage door :joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information