1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike: Gsxr1000r (the Gixxer Thread)

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Exactly that mate.

They tightened up my throttle cable which has made the absolute world of difference also.

Did you notice that your motor sounded different after your first service? not sure if they have changed the mapping or something but it's definitely deeper!

Mines also less vibey but I think that's possibly down to the forks being dropped.

• Like Like x 1
  2. To be honest mate I'm a bit of a heathen when it comes to mechanical stuff and I just get on and ride so probably wouldn't notice even if something had changed.

I did notice the throttle movement is quite short and I could easily get full throttle without double movement like most bikes I've had.

I'm looking forward to getting out again with the brakes sorted.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Deal of the century - although not an R in fairness

31899BBA-8AE0-4831-9FA8-5644551D660A.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FFS! :bucktooth:

5. Poor bastard....

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. AMA guys in the k5 era would have extenders to the forks could actually sit above the yokes, and lift the rear similarly, with a different pivot setting and as far back as it would go rear wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Jesus that's tempting? Is it a 2020?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes it is

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Without sounding pretentious, it’s almost ‘hack’ money.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Bloody oil rig workers everything is back money to you lads :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Makes you wonder what deals are available on a new 600 etc

12. Leeds, Leeds, Leeds.... did you see the game today? :p

13. There must be a BIG balloon payment? How long it it for 20 years?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Does it matter? It’s interest free, just give it back!

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Nope my Mrs yet again had to tell me we had played ...something strange about football at the moment I have totally lost knowledge about it all never before have not known we are playing but yes great result but still need to watch out for Brentford they have been strong for a few years now and with getting the new ground seems like strength to strength I won’t be surprised if they grab automatic promotion

Do Not Sell My Personal Information