1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike: Gsxr1000r (the Gixxer Thread)

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, Jun 7, 2020.

1. And the best bit is it knocks any though of a GS on the head ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I reckon I’ll still get a Gs :joy:

• WTF WTF x 2
  3. How many miles is it comfy for please? Thus has got me thinking

4. Whats the full package deal/crippling balloon payment or are you gonna hand it back in? - are they (the finance company ok with that) - using it for trackday stuff?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Good idea @Advikaz this will get you ready for the power of the GS o_O well wear buddy enjoy the Suzi !

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. I can’t remember the exacts. But I don’t plan on keeping it longer than 2 years (the usual for me). The Guaranteed value is good.

If I smash it up I’ll repair it like anything else mate. If I do a proper job on it I’ll be buying it and reframing it haha

Amazingly there’s a LOT of race bikes running around in the paddocks on pcp :laughing: id probably pay it off if I decide to race it. As said it’s staying in road trim really

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lovely....:kissing_heart:

8. Gixers are as comfy as you get on a sport bike

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. You bend it you mend it. Nothing to do with finance company.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cheers Bradders. I’ve not bought a bike for a while now (o_O) so maybe this is right ?!

11. Despite all the piss taking they get a lot of love in the paddock...:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. As well as saving you time on the commute it’ll also save you so many future conversations about your sexual preferences. Common sense move

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. my rainbow coloured leathers are in the post

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You can’t hate a bike that handles nicely and is fucking quick, without even touching it, whilst being cheap as chips. With the ZX-10R closely following.

I still can’t comprehend racing/tracking a bike on PCP, because surely you will stack it once in a season, if not the next....

Ive had 4 GSXR 1000s from 2003 to 2018. It’s the only brand to not let me down, once, ever, covering 30 trackdays and 20,000 miles commuting through London.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Yeah - i know but it would play on my moral compass - (thrashing a bike for a couple of years) then letting someone else deal with the fallout...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. I do agree, but isn't it what these bikes are made for? Not commuting to work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. All of my bikes get excessively maintained.

oil and filter after every time on track using only the best oil, always warmed up properly and I generally do cool down laps as well.

stuff replaced before it needs to be and replaced with superior items.

arguably better than a sedate 5 minute ride down to the cafe where the oil never gets hot and the owners perhaps only sticks to manufacturers maintenance whereas mine are always maintained to a much finer degree.

There’s also a big difference between riding fast and abusing a bike.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  18. It's on the rise mate. Lots of rainbows in windows lately... :astonished::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yep - very true....its never bothered me buying something that i know has been on track (i think my hyper had been on track with a couple of owners) but theres a difference between owning something that belongs to you (you take care of it) - kinda akin to having a rental car....its going back so you just screw the fuck out of it...

20. Yep - fair enough...cant argue with that - my apologies for tarring everyone with the same brush...!!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information