1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike: Gsxr1000r (the Gixxer Thread)

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, Jun 7, 2020.

1. We’ve seen your posts mate, we know which side of that fence you sit on :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. They get lots of love on gixer FB page

• Like Like x 1

3. Not quite that bad! 4K deposit gets you 200 quid monthlies on the finance calculator

4. Id politely disagree....i am, mechanically sympathetic....its a tough one to answer....while yeah, all of mine get "exercised" as it were, definately not all the time....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Same side as me btw ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I am, fairly, too. But ‘thrashing’ it is what they are designed for and the best place s on track :upyeah:

7. Yeah - i know......but not all the time....depends more i suppose where your consience lies......when, if, any of my bike ever see another owner i know, that hand on heart i can hand over a well looked after bit of machinery that i know wont end up with a knock on the door or a phone call a few weeks later... :)

8. The amount of full blown race bikes that go through dealer networks as approved used..

I guess they’ll be sold with a warranty though

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Yep - this is true.....honestly not an argument....just more a case of how you feel when selling stuff on....

• Like Like x 1
  10. No argument here either.
    Just surprised anyone buys something and then spends years of ownership thinking about the next owner.

keep it serviced. Change oil regularly. Don’t bounce it off the limiter and don’t let it labour with top gear roll ons (or any roll on) from under 3k revs.

• Agree Agree x 3

11. Bit like not shagging your missus too vigorously to keep her in good order for the next bloke :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. I dont "spend years thinking about the next owner" - but at the same time i do agree with what you say....

13. I feel fine! I tell the truth when selling stuff on. No bullshit from me.
    It’s very often the case that track toys are meticulously maintained. Mine for sure. I shudder when I look at the periodic manufactures maintenance schedules. But obviously they’re written up for typical road use. A track slag needs lots of tlc :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  14. My mate just sold his one, it was near impossible to get rid of, his had 3k miles on it and a yoshi, dealers just didn't want the used ones because they are discounted the new ones so much and he didn't put a lot down on it so didn't have much in the bike.

It was a total animal, not my cup of tea at all and much prefer the R1 and the RSV4 but I can see the appeal, the suspension is great and the engine is an animal in terms of delivery and feels like the most powerful litre bike IMO.

If you keep it and use it a lot I'm sure it will turn out to be a great buy, because as you said the deals are so good on new. It's a bit sad that Suzuki are in the position to need to cut their own legs off to sell bikes though.

15. I've only ridden mine in the low power mode while I'm running it in and it is quick! I'm looking forward to trying the full monty.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I agree mate. Partly why I don't plan on ever 'owning it'.

What did you find animalistic about it? they do wheelie like a bastard with standard geometry! They come in at 11k like a NoS scene from fast and the furious haha

• Like Like x 1
  17. Honestly... I found the throttle connection the worst of any bike I've ridden, I don't know if he had it in a ridiculous mode but it seemed to be so on/off and glitchy, like the bike is running super lean all the time. I just never got comfortable, even over bumps etc it would just give me 'stabs' of throttle which I just found really distracting.

When he traded it in I had to ride it to Salisbury for him, so a good trek, and it was 4 degrees and wet, so I stuck it in wet mode or equivalent and I did find the overall response more manageable. I rode a mates S1000RR a few weeks later though and loved it, was like a big 600.

My other major gripe which I couldn't change because it wasn't mine is that Suzuki also seem to have the levers set massively high, and the same for the gear shift and rear brake. I would want to be sat a little higher on it to stretch my legs a little and have the levers set much lower, all things I am sure you have already done.

18. Fair observations mate, the stock fuelling isn’t great. It’s the same on a lot of modern bikes but the gixxer does have a bit of a jerk on uptake! Nothing that a bit of mapping can’t sort though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. After three years of GSXR750's this bike was very high up on my list before deciding on the 1299 but that deal you've got is incredible!

20. you won’t be disappointed with the 1299. I loved mine

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information