1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Boots

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Kevin Tallant, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Finally chucked my 1990s Frank Thomas aqua boots in bin & need new boots. Only ride good/fair weather in amoured jeans or two piece suit if chilly. Don't want to look like middle aged power ranger & ability to walk in at destinations would be nice.

2. Take ride up to Hideout, not far away near Saffron Walden, always good quality kit and top sevice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I like this idea, gives me a destination whilst skiving this week.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Good ride out across country, takes around an hour depending on how you ride and if you lose your way at all. Good selection of boots from Daytona, A/stars, Sidi, TCX etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wow they're all the rage back then as i had a couple of pairs myself and then upgraded to alpinestars GP pro.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daytona Roadstar GTX, comfy, regulate temperature, not bulky, subtle look and you can walk around in them all day. I wear mine with jeans, leathers and textiles. They’re a favourite of Police motorcyclists for good reason. They work exceptionally well and last forever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I too advocate Daytona Goretex GTX, so comfy you could use them everyday. Waterproof too. I no longer have a set as I am a mug and have crap Dainese In's, due to leathers. But if I had to, I'd buy Daytona's. They are the best.

I dont recommend Dainese boots. Theyre poor quality.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Daytona price makes me baulk a little, but if anything like the Franks they should see me out !

9. You could use the gtx to go hill walking. Or fishing. I sold mine for over £100. Two years old and used. You get what you pay for, theyre damned good. I had two spills on em too. Both on a KTM, my wrists got fucked but my ankles were fine and dandy. After a holocaust, the roaches will be wearing all the GTX's that survived.

• Like Like x 2
  10. If you don’t want to spend too much the A* SMX6 have been great. Comfy like slippers and good to walk in too. Not too power ranger. Had em since 2014 and still on the same pair and plenty of life left.

If you want boots for life then Alt-Berg or Daytona seem the go to. Alt-Berg appeal I must admit, being a bit of the Northern persuasion.

11. Had a nice ride out to Hideaway yesterday, without checking if they opened on Monday (morron !)
    Also managed to bust phone screen whilst putting bike back in garage yesterday, another £150 up my shirt.
    Stuck in traffic & noticed Mark Duvall motorcycles sign, ended up walking out with end of line black Sidi B2 gortex with 25% discount.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information