1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desert Sled New Buyer - What To Look Out For??

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Alan Murphy, Sep 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys,
    I’m a Multistrada owner member of this forum and have a mate seriously thinking of buying a desert sled.
    He’s struggling with the weight and size of his current Africa Twin as he has a long standing leg injury and is looking to change to something lower and lighter.
    He lives in Wales and spends most of his riding time in mountain back roads.
    Any tips, problems, experience much appreciated

2. The standard seat height for the Desert Sled is taller than the Multistrada @ 860mm vs 845mm. The low seat option (extra cost) is only 5mm lower than the standard Multistrada. I would not recommend riding a Desert Sled with a long standing leg injury. No reason not to go with an Icon and put some more appropriate tyres on it. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Agree. He'd be better off with a lower seat model like the Icon.

4. Might have got lost in translation here ......
    I’m the MS owner, my mate who is currently looking at buying the Desert Sled currently owns an Africa Twin.
    He wants something lower than that.
    That’ll be his choice following test rides, I guess what he is after mainly is owners general experience of the bike and anything to look out for on them

5. Africa twin standard seat height is 860mm according to the internet. Andy

6. Desert Sled has quite soft suspension and a lot less weight. I would have thought it would be noticeably easier than the Africa Twin.

7. Thanks all, he bought it and it’s exactly what he needed.
    Super chuffed!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thread closed?

9. Yup closed thanks

10. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information