1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Car Detail - Mazda Cx-5 Awd

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by rob lewis, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Detailing Works ' ENDURANCE '
    New Car Detail - Mazda CX-5 AWD....Beautiful vehicle first one I have worked upon and I must say I was very impressed. Customer picked up vehicle yesterday ( was offered their coating at £400 and refused as per my instruction ), and booked in with me for my ' Endurance ' full new car preparation treatment. Vehicle was FULL of dealer induced paintwork defects upon inspection ....AGAIN!....and apparently not washed as instructed...BAH!!!.... Beautiful colour to work on. Pre-washed with Bilt Hamber Auto Foam prior to contact wash. Full Clinical wash ( 3 buckets dual grit guards ) Dooka wash pads and Carpro Reset Shampoo. Arches degreased and tyres with Bilt Hamber Surfex HD...full chemical decontamination ( Gtechniq W6 and Carpro Tar X ), to all paintwork including wheels. Air Dried with warm filtered air. Door Jams and all shuts cleaned from transport wax. All interior surfaces cleaned with Gtechniq TriClean ( anti-bacterial bio-cote ) and all leather treated to Gtechniq Leather Guard. Upon Measuring paint thickness....the average reading was 58-65 microns which is ridiculously thin so I was limited as to what I could achieve without compromising the clearcoat. Informed my customer whom instructed me to do the best I can with what I had. Then followed refining machine polish ( Rupes Bigfoot 15mk2 and Rupes Pads ), to reduce dealer inflicted marks as much as possible and to truly bring out the metallic flake in this colour. Machine polish was followed by 2 coats of amazing Wowo's Nanocoat ( 12 - 19 months durability ) Wheels treated to Wowo's Crystal Sealant and all glass treated to Gtechinq Liquid Crystal C2v3. All trim and tyres dressed to factory finish. End result was truly impressive leaving the paintwork like silk. Customer was very very happy indeed - and will be maintaining the vehicle himself with hints & tips on washing and products from myself.....nothing is too much trouble for a really grateful customer and a great guy to boot!...this is how your new car should look from the dealers!!!....utmost care taken as always and with industry leading products. Time required 9 hours non stop.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. as always most impressive!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Blimey.........a Mazda Cx5..........I would have thought that'd be one for the Kosovans at Lockwood ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Three buckets now!?

Off to buy another bucket... might buy two. Just in case someone invents the four bucket wash

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nice mate, but couldn't you use the 2 bucket method. o_O
    :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Haha...yer cheeky bugger!!!....

7. I use the 4 bucket method on REALLY F**ked vehicles......l kid you not...:joy:

• Like Like x 1
  8. 3 for this one Wayneeee boy.....I'm just bucket mad!!!:joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I stick with the 18 bucket method for ultimate results. 1 for each wheel, 1 for each door, 1 for each exhaust trim, 1 bonnet, 1 boot , 2 wings, 1 tail gate, 1 roof, 2 for rear quarters.
    Anything less is unprofessional and shabby imo :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wayneee you are a genius....never thought of that....18 buckets from now on for me...including motorbikes....never say I'm not a professional! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. I really enjoy these threads Rob. Detailed insight is fascinating, like watching 'how it works' etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Great result, started with good material though - Those curvy mazda cx5’s (and the 6) are gorgeous in Soul Red. Really brings the colour out.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Nice work

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. nothing short of a magician, brillant job

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. you Sir are too kind!!!...THANKYOU...:innocent:

16. Funny that, I washed my car yesterday as well!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. A picture does not lie;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. 33B94523-2B85-443C-B857-D49F3DE9F3ED.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Can't beat the Japanese paint for thin paint, Always good fun ;) Nice work Rob, Lovely colour aswell.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information