1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Cheaper Battery Options

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Glenb, Apr 26, 2021.

1. I usually get decent brand motorcycle batteries but I’ve had a battery on my Mv agusta wghich i rarely use and the batteries only 18 month /2 years old and the batteries goosed I’ve priced up a yuasa one and it’s 80 quidish but I can get this Lucas compatible one for £30, which if it’s goosed after a year or so isn’t as bad as spending 80 on one
    anybody had one or similar
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360849057493

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. big fan of MotoBatt here...not particularly lightweight..but reliable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. If you do not look after any battery and keep it properly charged on a decent maintenance charger, it will always fail. Especially so with sealed batteries

Yuasa and GS will always have more stamina than cheap batteries, because GS-Yuasa always use only new lead in their plates...they have no contaminants in the recycled lead like in the cheap batteries (which is partly why they are cheap) You get what you pay for, but like Ducati's themselves...they still need looking after properly or they fail ;)

4. I’ve a few bikes so it’s hard to keep all the batteries charged all time but I’ll try and keep up with them a bit better

Do Not Sell My Personal Information