1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Czech Wsbk Track ...spoiler

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by paulfastbikes, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Fantastic first Race Rea bins it twice and Toprak with hard pass on Scott great racing for a change not a Rea one man show

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shame nothing in tv. Anywhere!

3. Free on website wsbk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Eurosport....

5. I was a bit surprised and non-plussed with Scott's moaning about that pass, looked OK to me, as Toprak said it's racing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. didn't manage to catch the race, but did a 2 day track day at Most last year,
    A great circuit, and its just over the German/ Czech border so not a huge journey.

it will be interesting to see what safety improvement they have made for WBSK regulation, as there are some 'difficult' parts to the circuit ( exit from the pits is a huge one) the pit area behind the Boxes is similar to Zandvoort and very long and thin, making for an awkward set up and a pain to get in and out of.. so I hope they have looked at improvements

7. Same here, pass looks perfectly fine. Not sure why Redding so upset about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I think SR's annoyance was about (lack of) track safety at that corner - he thought he'd have no run off if he'd been run out any wider...

Apparently there's been a TwitFace 'retraction' by SR so handbags back in the cupboard.

#8 Keith_P, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  9. Redding becoming a right moaner…although I wouldn’t say he had even been an aggressive passer.

10. Great job by Redding, really happy for him

11. Because he thought he was a dead cert for WSBK champ after his BSB title and now had a pin put in that for the second year?

Toprak is epic, I like him a lot. I’d like to see him win a WSBK title.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I think Scott is good enough, genuinely I do, I don’t think the Ducati is consistently good enough. And JR, demonstrates what a team can do when they 100% hang their hat on giving the rider what he asks for, because even when JR has a bad Saturday he’s good on a Sunday

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Do KRT build their bike around JR the way HRC build their MGP bike around MM93? The KRT results for other riders are pretty variable (Lowes, Sykes, Haslam etc).

Not diminishing JRs achievements, just wondering if the “eggs in one basket” approach is what makes the difference for KRT / HRC?

14. Toprak definitely has a potential, what he did at Donny was unreal.

I love his interviews, he doesn't speak very good English and very terse in what he says, but he is honest.

15. My money is on Redding as the King of braking.
    Screenshot_20210809-094229_Brave.jpg

16. Redding is just so clean when it comes to racing. Supreme skill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I think history is showing they seem to, when he came to the team he didn't like the crank weighting and sykes did, next year it suited JR and not Sykes (not that I feel sorry for Sykes, can't stand him). And since then team mates just don't seem to have got close, JR just seems to have the best team (as in crew cheif, jap engineers etc) around him and IMO is still extracting the absolute most from the bike.

Alex Lowes is no mug, and he was 1s a lap slower in the sprint race.

18. From Sunday’s second race podium commentary, looks like Scott wanted to win so he could propose, Toprak scuppered that on Saturday which may have exacerbated Scott’s moaning.

Toprak probably only trying to save Scott some coin long term there, should consider him a bestie and not a nutter!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tbh Scott could do better looks wise

Do Not Sell My Personal Information