1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Duke Blaster!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Richard Cheek, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Hi all. Just took delivery of my brand new Monster 797 a couple of weeks ago. Love it. First ever Ducati after having Harleys, Kawasakis and Suzukis. Everything about the bike is awesome, except for trying to find neutral which can be a massive pain in the a*se sometimes.

Went for the white paint. Looks stunning with the red wheels and frame. Also got Laguna in Ashford to fit Termignoni pipes which also looks brilliant. As you can probably tell, I'm chuffed to bits with it. Hopefully meet up with some fellow Duke riders around Kent soon (I'm near Maidstone)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Welcome to the forum Richard.

Great bikes the monster

Post some pics with your bins in the background otherwise bear the wrath of @Ducbird o_O :):)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

4. You forgot ya bins :thinkingface::punch:

Welcome into the mad house :)

5. I'm clearly missing something regarding the bins. Please enlighten me!

6. #Welcome Rich to the forum...... chocks away:motorcycleduc::upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. We like rubbish/garbage/trash cans/bins :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Hi.When Ducbird says "we",its just her.Mad as a hatter,that one!

9. Crazy mad :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. But @Robarano is largely to blame too :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hes to blame for JLo falling off,too!

12. Welcome Dave

13. Welcome buddy
    Is that a Mclaren in the garage :grinning:

14. Welcome Cheeky Dick. At least the frame is red, @Ducbird will be moderately happy at that. I had a Monster once. A red one. M900. Fab bike.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Eh? Wot? :confused:

What have I been accused of now, i'm my absence? (well Austria, but not much happens here, and they speak German o_O weird)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Welcome and enjoy! The clutch/gearbox and finding neutral improves with mileage but the main issue is having the free play on the lever set correctly
    On the 821 Hypermotard it is impossible to find neutral if the free play is not correct.

17. welcome richard

18. Seems like everyone is as mad as me!!

@Andy800 That's my old man's Mclaren. He is planning to get rid actually as it keeps breaking down! First world problems and all that.

@Gandalf Thanks for the info. Hopefully get better in time. Only got about 100 miles on it so far

@PaulPhillips Thanks for that! Like I'm back at school again!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Agree red and white makes a great combo, difficult to keep those wheels shining.
    Anyway, welcome to the forum.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Welcome . I'm just up the road from you in Sittingbourne . I have a monster 796 and a 765RS street triple if you fancy a ride, just give me a shout.
    Colin

Do Not Sell My Personal Information