1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New E10 Fuel Compatability?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by zooptee, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Hi,

Do all recent Ducatis run on this?
    I'm stuck abroad just now and don't know if my 2019 Supersport will run on it as the Gov Website doesn't list it. . .

All help appreciated!

2. So I realised on my V2 I had a sticker on the tank saying what fuel it was compatible with. Pretty sure E10 was listed. Shame I don't have a pic to hand.

3. Also in your service manual Screenshot_20210719-185510.png

4. It’s compatible. Don’t worry!

5. Thanks!!!

6. It will be fine. The Supersport has a sticker on the tank next to the filler cap that says "E0 E5 E10"

7. If you check the govt website almost no Ducati’s are compatible!

8. I don't think they have everything because the Ducati manual clearly shows it is and so does my V2 so not sure how they got their list for compatibility. Not that I'll put this junk in anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. V-power for me at 97 Ron always have and always will.........E10 can suck my ball sack LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I don't know why you wouldn't use the higher (E5) octane fuels in your Ducati

11. Because eventually you won't have a choice and some already don't like this chap stuck abroad

12. High octane doesnt mean more power. Its for high compression engines and prevents knock or pre-ignition.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. You don’t believe what they say do you :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. yip, the higher the octain the slower the burning.
    E10. Is it just me or does it smell and look different. almost like it's going off?

15. I use V power in my Cooper S she doesn’t like anything else

16. Pre 2002 vehicles will run on it ,to start with, but the likelihood is that the fuel system will suffer sooner or later.

17. Absolutely correct Derek :upyeah: just wanted give @bradders a possible reason for why the HMG web site might not be exhaustive. Andy

• Useful Useful x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information