1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 New Front Brake

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by RC1, Mar 31, 2022.

1. If i was to replace a galfer disc for my track bike, what should i replace it with? brembo the obvious choice but they seem much more expensive. im using an ebc sintered pad

2. My first choice would be BrakeTech AXIS ductile iron rotors. At 3.0 lb. each, they offer weight savings over most stock rotors and the rotor material offers better heat dissipation and a higher coefficient of friction than stainless steel rotors.

So you get better handling from the weight savings and better stopping power (especially from high speeds) and better lever feel from the iron material.

They should be used with Ferodo CP911* , EBC HH pads or similar performance brake pads (but not with sintered pads).

• Like Like x 2
  3. this just reminded me about some on my ebay watch list, just got a hardly used set for 248 quid.:upyeah:

4. What did you get? Brembo?

5. Braketech
    Going on the dark with the beringer calipers 629E1940-F8D0-4A28-A6B3-9D1F1D7088F4.jpeg 25F1A751-C3C6-46FE-A20E-DFA6FF227B19.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Junk the ebc pads too mate

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Series oro discs are good value

8. I had these on my watch list - look great for a 749 track bike (same part number) but didn’t want the pads. Perhaps try negotiate him down without the pads?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/23437991...Dtofy/WyOy4tJ64YTi28Rewtb/P3|tkp:BFBMkr2J4_xf

9. Cheers all for the tips and links

Do Not Sell My Personal Information