1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New...how Much Better?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by J biker, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Bit of a dilema going on here..

Thinking about a two bike garage in France.
    Local roads a mix. Lumpy bumpy, like home, plus some smooth, perfect corners with accidental toeslider moments..

Anyhoo.
    It might look like this. MT 10. Fuck the fuel lol. Plus old tdm for two up.

Or..naked Fz1 plus 990 smt for, erm, sensible two up local plus short tour duty.
    Dunno. I owned a lightly modded FZ. Handy bit of kit even without all the modern gubbins. Could make a few sportbike riders wonder if they were on the right bike. Need around a thou spent on them them to be right and hero blobs removed if of nervous disposition! Neither really going doen in value.
    Hmmm...
    Im just not convinced the latest greatest electric suspension, 2000mode power delivery makes me quicker anyway.

2. FZ1's are quite the tool in the right hands with decent mods...suspension etc etc and, once tastefully modded i reckon they look quite nice.

3. Yep. Witnessed and commented on lol.
    A proper under rated tool. Even what looked like poor mpg, compares well now. Bloody quick bike, stable, just needs suspension tweaked. One or two naked Fzs for sale here. Sensible money. Performance is, erm, modern!

Also bomb proof, big miles bikes. Only a bit uncomfortable on a longer run. Perfect for a round the doors blaster. Maybe answered my own question. 19k happy miles on a non ABS import...

4. I like leftfield stuff...a bit different and underrated...

5. ''a longer run''....
    Austria to Consett. 1152 miles.
    23.5 hours. Including Calais to Dover ferry. I was younger.

6. Wow - theyre holding their value well arent they...

7. And topped up with Red bull...

8. Value. Everything used has gone up.

Gsxr thou sold 5 year back...same money.
    Happens with inflation economy etc.
    But wow.

9. Theres a kenny roberts one on ebay...looks nice that does.

10. What I regret, a proper Abarth replica a few year back...looked and looked..didnt buy. Cracking bike. Full paint, Ohlins, blueprinted engine. Doh. No brainer..

11. Sod it. Having another one
    Bloody cheap weapon.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information