1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hyperstrada 939 Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Eric Robinson, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Hi All,

This forum was very helpful in my research, part of the purchasing process for my new 2016 Hyperstrada. It was just dropped off by the dealer this week. I just need the weather to improve, as I've only had two decent days so far. Wintery weather today here in Toronto. hyper.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome Dave

3. Welcome!

4. Pissing down here too...welcome to the fold....! :)

5. Hello,
    I did a motorcycle exam many years ago. Since then I've been driving a motorbike just a few times. Given that in the past few years I have not been driven a motorbike, I want that it is agile and easy to operate, and at the same time to be able to take it to a longer one or more daily route. In would like to buy Hyperstrada 939 but I am interested in your opinion if it is appropriate for the "new" driver.
    Greetings

6. exam - driving license

7. I don't think it's a great bike for an inexperienced rider. It's got lots of torque and un-modded the throttle can be jerky and the suspension can be bouncy. It can be a bit of a bucking bronco if you're not careful.

The other factor is price. Not a cheap bike to drop! The hand guards can break easily, and other nice looking bits could be damaged quickly.

In my opinion, a less powerful, less expensive bike would be better at the beginning, and then trade up after a year or two. Something like a Suzuki SV650 might fit the bill.

8. Thank you Eric for your opinion.

9. All that being said - I love this bike! Done two week long trips through the Appalachians on it. Great commuter. But fueling isn't great when you're riding at 30-40kph in traffic.

10. Welcome to the fold enjoy your new steed

11. Welcome, beautiful bike.

12. It also seems to me a beautiful bike, so I'm surprised that it is not sold anymore.

13. He's been here since 2016 :eyes:

14. I know that but in 2018 it was not sold in our country anymore.

15. Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information