1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Leathers…

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Stuliet, Jun 13, 2022.

1. …arriving tomorrow.

My old BKS leathers have spent several years in the cupboard. I was lot younger and considerably less bulky when startlingly exuberant colours were all the rage :rolleyes:. New suit is reassuringly subdued

Just one more sleep!

gsxr750.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. Pictures please!

3. No pictures until tomorrow, but hopefully it should look a lot like this :)

suit_design_blank.png

• Like Like x 3
  4. very very nice

5. did hideout get a look in?

6. Not really. For no other reason than I was very pleased with my previous BKS leathers, so kept to the devil I know. Brand loyalty and all that

7. yep makes perfect sense i would do the same

8. are they still made in uk from uk leather?

9. The BKS Made to Measure are a completely different company/product compared to BKS off the peg and are still UK made. Lots of info on their website about the various leather options;

All options explained by Brian during the measurement/design consultation in as much detail as you could hope for.

One bonus this time, I was measured at the BKS "shop" compared to last time which was at the NEC Bike Show, standing there in my pants like a lemon :blush:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Nice :) I get my new set of Dainese Laguna Seca 5 today. Thus Ill be doing household chores etc this evening in a 1pc. Gotta break them in.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It's here and I am a poor photographer; black on black is tricky. But I like it. Too hot to sit in it for the afternoon though :sweat:

IMG_4211-large.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. Mine has arrived too. But I cant sit in the office wearing it. But I can at least stink the office out with that new leather smell. Ive had complaints, which pleases me greatly. Theres nothing that satisfies me more than incidentally annoying people. It's a hobby.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. This is a problem with working from home, the only person here to annoy is my daughter. She has already got fed up with me and disappeared to her bedroom. It is just impossible to get the staff these days

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ah, my daughter is easy to annoy. I just say no when she asks for money. She's 32 ffs. So I spend lots on my granddaughter and that annoys daughter as ive not spent it on her. Its easy wins for me.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. It's good to have a hobby and keep yourself busy.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Top Tip: make sure your wife is at home when you wear new leather 1pc. I couldnt get the damned thing off. I felt like Harry Houdini. Took me a blasted age and for a while I thought I may be stuck. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Awkward if you need the loo ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. What armour is Brian using these days?
    Waiting for my m2m BKS to come back from Exmouth; having second replacement jacket main zip put in.

19. The standard armour is KNOX or there is a BKS upgraded option too;
    https://bksleather.co.uk/products/suit-making-options/components/impact-protectors

Brian also had 3DO examples in the shop, but did not recommend those for reasons I can't recall. I chose the BKS armour due to the larger coverage areas, but armour choice seems to be very personal and a contentious subject for many so your choice could be different

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Excellent interview with BKS (Brian) on Bennett’s Bike Social YouTube channel. Well worth a watch.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information