1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R New Levers Recommendation - Dropped Bike On Drive :(

Discussion in 'Monster' started by dubcat, May 5, 2019.

Tags:
?
  1. Buy replacement original

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Buy pair of bling levers (which one?)

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. I’m a massive fucking idiot ;(

Have only had my bike a week. It was pristine. I stupidly tried to use my 848 rear paddock stand to lift the monster r so I could clean the chain. Of course it didn’t fit but I tried anyway and...

For the first time in my life I dropped my bike :( On a gravel drive! I haven’t fitted the crash protectors yet so...

Mirror lightly scuffed, carbon termi lightly scratched, pillion footrest hanger scratched... and brake lever snapped. I’m most upset about the termis but it could have been much worse.

Anyway, rather than buying a replacement brake lever do you guys think I should go for a pair of bling levers? If so, which ones do you recommend?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. We've all done it, I got gloss paint on my first proper decent digital camera today. Luckily some white-spirit & quick wipe got the damage removed. These scuffs & scratches on motorbikes have to be considered talking points. Because some asshole will slam there car door into the side of your pride & joy before driving off or re-parking to avert responsibility.

But yeah blingage certainly soothes the heart & minds frustration.

#2 GunZenBomZ, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
  3. TWM levers are excellent they make the identical Ducati performance levers , but much cheaper without the Ducati logo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. In my experience OE are usually less hassle, work properly and feel comfier.

Sorry you dropped it. As others have said, we’ve all done it. Usually paddock stand related, it has to be said. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Would you guys recommend getting shorty or standard length TWM levers?

Also - I can't find anyone selling TWM levers for the Monster R in the UK. Might go for Evotech ones.

#5 dubcat, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
  6. ASV levers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's a bummer dubcat, you're not the first and you wont be the last. Did the same with my MZ a few years ago but got away with no damage as I had already fitted my bobbins.

8. 66BFA4AD-EF94-431E-97D4-1A9E1B767F1C.jpeg
    Evotech levers for me, the fold if ya drop it!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Long all day long :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ordered the engine bars the day I bought the bike, dropped my last bike (V-strom) 3 times, it sucks, sorry mate

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the sympathy guys. The ride out today took the edge of things - but not before I dropped my helmet at the meeting point lol.

So evotech look good but you can get the ASV F3's and the CNC levers in Red. I'm wondering if that might be the way to go for extra bling!

12. Red anodising will fade quite quickly... then look pink..

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. THIS is a very very good point. I'm going with black :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. ASV are sold as unbreakable. I hope I never get to test that statement!

15. I really want to get the ASV ones but the full length clutch in black is out of stock at both calsport AND sportbikeshop :(

16. ASV levers? You're sure? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I have an asv short brake lever in black that I could part with if it helps

18. If it’s light scuffs on the carbon termi, it can be re clear coated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. I had CNC levers on mine but have upgraded to ASV they are a nice shape. Long or short......Go for long it isn't a BMX, when you go for a handful of brake you will be thankful for the long lever.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. DBFA69BE-8DC6-4FEE-A18E-207386BE7D36.jpeg 8EEF79A6-4B82-4753-97A7-6981B3E0A036.jpeg ASV longs on my 1200R....

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information