1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member But Not New To Riding

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by TDI2Fan, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Good day Ducati Forum. As the title indicates, a new member but not new to riding. Been riding for a very long time. Current road bike is a Hayabusa (K8) and current track bikes are GSX-R1000s (K4/K9). Back in the day, I owned a couple (2001/2003) TL1000Rs and I just loved riding the V-twin. The TL would generate soooo much heat under the seat from the back cylinder. I am looking for a change and was hoping the good people of this forum could help me move to a Ducati. Most likely on the track first then maybe the street (baby steps).

I have known several people with past and current models of Ducati.

I like more information than not enough so, please provide all the data you have to help me learn.

I am fairly handy with a spanner and do most of my own work (Cars, 4x4, Bikes). Converted the K9 to a track bike two winters ago and put quick shifters on the K4 & K9. Had a fair amount of Engineering to do as the K4 shift linkage was all wrong.

#1 TDI2Fan, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  2. Welcome, Suzuki loving dude. :) :upyeah:

3. Welcome Durham David

4. Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

5. Welcome :):upyeah:

6. Welcome along,loads of info in these parts.Post your questions up and people will be along to help

7. Hello and welcome Mr Fan
    Give us an idea of budget and then we’re off :)

8. Welcome into the mad house

Red is the best colour they are faster ;)
    How about a scrambler

Don’t forget we like pics of your rubbish bins and your bike it’s a forum law

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. In track kit, I am 20 Stone. The K4 has 160/85 and the K9 has 170/75 (BHP/TQ). I will be moving the K4 along.

Many have told me the 899 would be a dream on the track but I am hesitant as the 1198+ will give more than I can use but would be available like with the GSX-Rs. I could probably go £5000 but will have to just wait and see what comes around. I am planning this for the 2019 track season which for me starts around April.

I have found two (2) 899s, one for £6750 (high spec) and the other for £5500. I have not looked at either. I am not on Facebook and only do e-Mail and an odd forum or three.

Thank you for the help.

10. I will post what I have in a few days. Have to gather up some pics. The Hayabusa is Grey and the track bikes are basic black.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome along :cool:

12. Welcome Mate:upyeah::upyeah:

13. Well, after searching long and hard, I have just found my bike. It is a 1 Owner, factory original 2011 1198 with 4224 miles. Now the fun begins!

14. The more pictures posted on here the better it goes down with forum folk:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hi and welcome sounds like you don’t need our help as you have purchased already have fun

16. Welcome Dave

17. Welcome along :upyeah: enjoy

18. 2011 1198, all original 4224 miles before the ride today

IMG-20190817-WA0001.jpg

BTW ... Name is Michael

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information