1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member From Across The Pond

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by johnmtl, May 6, 2019.

1. hello, name's John, reside in Montreal Canada and I fell in Love...

You see, I told Who She Must Be Obeyed in 2013 that I would keep that VFR800 for a long time. Well, I did - didn't I? 6 years, 80k kms, twice Montreal - Vancouver and back... love that bike. Then I sat on a white Multi 1260S...

Oh boy, I shouldn't have.

'cause she is in the garage. What a beauty! And she rides like a dream (except for that awful seat. Easy fix). Already 900 km on her in 2 weeks, first service is scheduled this week and first solo trip too - Montreal to Cabot Trail (3400 kms) in 2 weeks. Wife decidedvshe waits for warmer weather to ride back.

Great site this is, Tons of information and data about a manufacturer and model I knew nothing about. Now if only I could get a hang of popping in that Neutral....

• Like Like x 4
  2. Good morning its before 5am...and I'm about to hit the sack!

welcome johnmtl'

• Like Like x 1
  3. Good morning and welcome. Great bikes, glad you like the 1260. I’ve just bought a 1200s and really enjoying it. Just done a test ride to the west county and I’m off on a European tour next weekend, with my wife.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome Dave. Do you know my cousins in St Hubert?

5. Welcome and enjoy!

6. Welcome multi owner:motorcycleduc::upyeah:

7. Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

8. Welcome John - your other half is a tolerant person :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

9. And you should know that you post pics of your garbage cans with your hu hum “WHITE” :thinkingface: bike

Welcome into our mad house :)

10. Welcome Canadian dude :cool::upyeah:

11. Welcome dude

12. Welcome Canadian stoner dude dave

13. Welcome along John

14. So I guess there is something English about being called 'Dave', other than the fact that my second name is David, but you guys had no way of knowing that. ;)

I did reside in St-Hubert during my specialization courses at l'ENA (I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade).
    Just like my dearly beloved Wife, ask and you shall receive. My white Multi, and yes that is snow (white, again) in the background. Pic was taken yesterday. :yum
    57875545513__361996E8-D89B-4393-AE00-530C44778462.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  15. Welcome John and enjoy

16. The elusive neutral is the result of clutch drag.
    The work-around is to slip it into neutral as you are coming to a halt, don’t wait until you are stopped.
    Usual cure with a hydraulic clutch is to make sure it’s thoroughly bled with no air bubbles remaining to compress and thereby rob the system of movement.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Welcome along enjoy your new steed

18. Thank you old rider, that is what i found out too. I will make sure the clutch is well bled after this small mishap, yesterday evening...

IMG_2873.JPG IMG_2871.JPG IMG_2872.JPG
    Was entering the highway, doing about 60 kmh following a car a few lenghts back. Front wheel hit a pot hole in the curve, which threw me towards the guard rail on my right. Counter-steered, but front wheel hit the patch of sand and dirt, skidding. Decided to gun it, which put some distance between I and the guard rail . But being fully counter-steered the bike slid back on the tarmac on its left side. Tried to bring it back, but over did it. It flipped over on its right side, thowing me off the bike. It slid on the left in grass.

I am no expert driver, no idea if I reacted well. All I wanted was to stay VERY far from that steel guard rail.

Damage is substantial, all fairings, windshield, mirrors, seat. Lots of scratches everywhere. Tranny is stuck in 2nd gear, can't shift to Neutral nor first gear. Motor will not turn (kill switch when bike is down? VFR had one). Key is not recognized.

As for moi, light concussion, bruises everywhere, no road rash. Left febula fracture which I have no idea how it came upon. Also, ATTGAT. Whole gear protected me well from the fall and subsequent slide, and everything is damaged needing replacement: boots, riding jeans, gloves, jacket and helmet.

I will stick around, but will not have a motorcycle for a few weeks, and until that fracture heals.

#19 johnmtl, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Sorry to hear that

Do Not Sell My Personal Information