1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member Just Bought My First Ducati A 2007 1098 In Red.

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by James 1098, Nov 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. just bought 1098 Ducati that turns up in a few weeks. The reason for delay in delivery is that it is having a fuse problem looked into. It’s my first Ducati that I’m buying from a dealers in Manchester that has been taken in as a part ex. I know Ducati’s reputation for being high end bikes that have there fare share of problems but any advice to look out for would be great.i am having my local bike garage full service it as soon as she arrives but any help would be great.thank you all

2. Welcome James. Great choice, enjoy. :upyeah:

Oh, pictures when you get a chance, it's the law. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hello robarano thank you for your reply...

This is the same company I’m buying mine from and exact same bike as mine with similar miles only difference is I have a Silver clutch cover not black.they have taken my bike off there site so I can’t put the actual bike up ....

58ED14C0-B7A6-4C82-8E18-ED1BE8A44060.png

9F4EE4B2-2720-409B-B1E2-1C9BA9DE1047.png

3E94465D-2F44-4AE0-8040-4E7E7376392D.png

1FD8CEEB-EF08-49E2-BF48-2E8E318EFAD4.png

69CB805F-73D3-48BD-BA9A-B4BBEA9182C7.png

• Like Like x 3
  4. Welcome along mate :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi all any one have or heard about possible fuses keep blowing problem or causes???

7. Welcome dude :cool: why are they not servicing it for you?

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's the Superbike Factory, what did you expect. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Welcome, firstly congratulations on your first Ducati. You'll never look back once you've become acquainted with you new P&J...

There is a vast amount of knowledge on here which will prove invaluable over time and to be honest, there not a bad bunch of Ladies and fella's on here either ;)

I also find it strange that the supplying dealer isn't servicing it for you, this is a pretty standard expectation isn't it?

With regards to your local bike garage doing your servicing for you if they know their way around Ducati's but I would be reluctant to let an average back street garage touch any of mine... There are some very good indie's about if your not keep on stumping up main dealer rates which are worth considering, I'm sure people from your area will be able to give advice & recommendations if you ask...

The most important thing though is that you are satisfied with the person labouring on your P&J and your happy its getting the TLC it requires...

Hope they sort the fuse issue quickly for you and you enjoy it when you get it home :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hi James, as several have said, I hope the dealer solves the problem soon or it isn't a lot of good to you. Has it got any electrical accessories/aftermarket alarm fitted?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi all thanks for reply’s

They are only asking £5495 for the bike it has 13k with full history I did ask about the service they reminded me it was the cheapest 1098 on the web and if they were to it would be at extra cost so I would rather my local garage and close friend work on it as I trust him and he has works on quite a few high end bsb bikes in the past.(so he tells me )

12. Apparently not it’s 100% standard...I hope they solve it too...

13. Welcome James from another Surrey 1098 owner

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome into the mad house

Properfastest colour too :)

Pics of bins and bike when you welcome her home please it’s the law here and we like pics

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome and enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Greetings James and congrats on your purchase. I bought my 1098 in April this year and it is my first Ducati. I had a few problems from the off, nothing to much just a stalling issue which was happening a bit to much. I took it to Ducati Manchester and with 1.5 hours labour later out rolled my bike correctly set up and balanced and most importantly no more stalling. My point is you have just bought a highly strung race bike which has one goal in life and thats to head butt the sun, get it serviced by the dealership at least once for piece of mind they do work wonders.
    May your 1098 consume your life my friend its more addictive than crack.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Welcome.

Aftermarket screen and mudguard on there. :upyeah:

And levers.

• Like Like x 1
  19. As Db said... bestest and fastest colour.... well done for not buying an inferior colour like yellow or black.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information