1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member St3

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by SteveDucati, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Hi my name is Steve and I live on the Surrey/Hants border ( near the A3 tunnel, for anyone near here ). I have just returned to the Ducati fold having just bought a tired 20,000 mile ST3 which had not been used for a few years. Needed a bit of work which was done by Moto Rapido, and many thanks to them. I have an issue with the display not showing some of the information. This is quite old now, but for those with long memories it has two large buttons pressing B lets you scroll through the options, range,trip,average speed etc and reset them. Mine doesn't do that. Pressing B just displays the ODO. The other functions work, it displays speed and fuel gauge etc. The display was changed about 2000 miles ago and as far as I know these features have never worked but I cant verify that. What I was interested in is there a "reset" procedure that anyone knows just in case it's a simple fix, before I get more complicated. Any advice welcome. Steve.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome youngster - spending the kid's inheritance then ? :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

4. Welcome along Steve

5. Hi and welcome.
    Were the clocks changed due to water ingress ?( common issue) if so, they may have been taken apart and butchered then not put back together properly. May be worth opening and checking that they are pressing the correct sensor?

6. Welcome to the forum.

7. Welcome to the Forum Steve and welcome back to the fold. Start a thread in the Technical Help section, just copy & paste what’s above, you’ll get more responses other than ‘Welcome’ there:upyeah:

8. Welcome and enjoy.

9. Welcome Dave

10. Hi "It's me " :) the clock was replaced before I got the bike, but I have had an ST3 and ST4S before as well as a Multistrdad they all fogged up so know about that problem. I didn't know you could open the display so I'll have a look at that, I guess the issue is opening it lets in moisture from the air outside and then the display fogs up...........

11. Thanks I will

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hi & welcome.

If you put an @ before the user name, the person will be notified you mentioned them. Can be useful! Like this @SteveDucati

13. Thanks @Jez900ie :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome, you should have bought an ST4 like me - none of that electronic jiggery pokery wizardry stuff to go wrong :D

15. I had an ST4S before but sold it, (mistake) then had a ST3 sold it ( mistake ) tried a Multistrada couldn't reach the ground went via a BMW R1220RS then saw the ST3 and bought it as I loved the others. However even my ST4S had the same display and was the later style.

16. A guy I work with wanted an ST3 ABS but couldn't find one - he bought a BMW RT.... :eek:
    I've heard lots of good things about the ST3 so congrats but I like my slightly more agricultural ST4 - desmo service this winter, keep me busy and sleepless nights :D

17. As you say it's a common issue.
    Once their opened it's easy to not align the buttons. Hence they don't work correctly afterwards.

18. Hi and welcome to the Ducati forum hope you get the issue resolved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information