1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member With 907ie

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by GrayVtwin, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Hi folks,
    I have just got myself a 907ie as a project .. generally in good condition but its not run since 2005 (FSH until then). Been Ducatiless for a few years (running Hondas, Yamahas and a Benelli). First Ducati was an 860GTS in the late '70s, then a Sebring followed by a 900ss and a '93 Monster. Day to day bike is an Africa Twin 1000 but was really missing having a Ducati to play with. I guess I'll have a few questions as I start pulling this one apart!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome - I had one for a couple of years around 1995-6 and at the time I liked the look.

Nowadays maybe it hasn't aged as well as some other Dukes :cool:

3. Welcome aboard the man with the spanners.

4. Welcome Dave

5. Hi & welcome.

6. Welcome and enjoy

7. Welcome on board!

8. Welcome to the forum, any photos?

9. Good to have you here

10. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

11. Welcome Scottish 907 dude. :) :upyeah:

12. Here's a photo. Just got it on the bench and will start on it next week. I love '90s Ducatis and would have bought a 900ss but my back can't cope these days. Forks are going to need a total refurb but apart from that it looks pretty good. Will replace the belts, oil etc and see if it fires up. What fun (I hope!). Mike

IMG_1546.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  13. Seems there’s a few of us in this ‘fun’ category at the moment!
    Enjoy and keep us updated with your progress

14. ... which he bought off me. Yes, suggest address queries to Duncs who recently restored one.

15. yes I knew ^ ;);)

16. Hi welcome,
    Yes I do have 2 . One was put together by Ray Petty and the other is now my long term project. I live near Epsom Surrey if you live nearby we could help each other out.

17. Great to find someone else who is also in restoration mode! I live in East Lothian so a bit far to pop round for a chat but will post photos once I take the fairing off. It is a project and I am not in a hurry so it will progress slowly. The engine turns over (using the back wheel) and nothing seems too horrible so hopefully the headaches will be minor!:)

18. Hello and welcome.
    It looks to be in fairly good condition, so hopefully not too many project problems.

Did it originate in Lincolnshire? (After Italy of course). I know someone from round these parts who had one and sold to someone in your area a few years back.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information