1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 New Mirrors

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by CarloL, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Yeah I got some... not impressed as they're sort of transparent.

Ducati sell the OE ones painted red for just over £100 each.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks!

3. :eek:

4. Were they all black mirrors out of factory or was colour coded ones an optional extra?

#5 Danny88, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
  5. Not sure when they started colour coding the mirrors... was it 2002?

Another option would be to buy the Chinese mirrors and get some new glass cut and stuck on, if that’s the only issue with them. I paid £20 a couple of weeks ago for some new glass cutting for mine.

6. Mine are colour coded red, when I scraped one I resprayed it with a rattle can, you have to look close to see which one it is, have a go at spraying your existing mirrors.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The Foggy Rep was the first model i remember with colour coded mirrors .

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sounds like it was after my year anyway then of 97...

9. My mirrors are only for show on my 748 anyway can’t see a thing in them

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wiggle your elbows

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I do mate. Look like a flappy chicken!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Then you’re riding it right.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hi I've got a red 2001 748 which has red mirrors (which look like the real deal from Ducati) but I need a new glass for one (cracked down the middle). Can you remember who cut your mirror/glass for you?

I ask because I can't find a red mirror which fits onto my bodywork - the one I ordered from Ducati came with a flat base-plate (which wouldn't sit up to the curved fairing) and too short locating pins - had to send it back.

14. Hi. It was a small glass cutting shop in Huddersfield. chiudo glass or something... the owner’s Italian and into his motorbikes big time. :)

I have a spare set of the old style mirrors painted red and a couple of spare mirror glasses if your interested.

ian

15. Hi Ian
    Thank you very much for getting back to me. I may have found a supplier on eBay (from a post on another thread) so I will see what arrives from them. If I need further help I'll be back in touch :)

Neil

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information