1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Monster 950

Discussion in 'Monster' started by WeeDavey, May 8, 2021.

1. Went to have a look at the new Monster yesterday, looked better than the photos, this was the black stealth version but think the colour versions would suit it better. One moan I would have is the fact the rider and pillion pegs are located on the same casting so not able to remove pillion pegs and I would think any after market parts would be hard to accommodate in that area, just a small moan.
    4B814C2C-5934-4E7B-83FB-F3CEDA34C842.jpeg

2. ^ thanks for censoring the ugly bits. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah, I wasn’t overly impressed to be honest. Far better options out there.

4. Looked at one yesterday. Biggest plus from my perspective is the lowering kit that gets the seat height to 775mm and it’s not hugely priced, comes in at £345. Andy

#4 Android853sp, May 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  5. Gets a good report in MCN

6. I took one for a test ride couple of weeks ago. I think in general its a nice looking bike. Not a fan of the plastic tank and the stock exhaust is pants, defo needs an aftermarket exhaust. The 821 sounded great even with the stock exhaust. I also feel the new Monster was very vibraty through the handle bars at certain rev ranges.

I bought the 821 end of last year, I have to say it took me a while to tame this Monster having only got my licence in December last year. 821 is defo not a beginners bike, whereas I'd say the new Monster would be.

New Monster much lighter and great handling, handles slow manouvers like a dream but I found it boring.

My 821 has been a challange for me from my first ride and feel learning to ride this bike has made me a better rider and learnt loads, had I bought the new Monster I think I'd have been less intimidated by it, but learnt less riding skills.

Anyways thats just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry but have to disagree. My girlfriend passed her test at the age of 53, collected her brand new Monster 821 one week later, and was getting off the ferry in France within a month. We spent a few weeks playing in the Pyrenees and exploring with me on the 939 Supersport and her on the M821.
    I would say that it is a very easy going first bike.

8. I passed my test at the age of 50, never ridden Motorbikes before. Good luck to your Girlfriend :) For me it took me a while to get used to its handling and the feel of a V Twin.

9. She has just changed the Monster at two and a half years old with 20k miles on it and bought herself a brand new 165 bhp BMW S1000XR.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Has anyone found any pillion delete brackets yet?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information