1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Newbie

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by RoadRunner, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Hi All,
    Another newbie to the Ducati scene & forum and about to take delivery of a 848 Corse - which I am quite looking forward to assuming we get some dry roads soon! This will the first Ducati I've owned but have recently ridden the new Supersport 900's with Akrapovič exhuasts (nice, but way toooo loud for me) and other bikes (MV F4's, Benelli 900's).

I was brought up on classic jap 2 stokes and have owned a ZX6R for the last 13 years which is great fun although I've always hanked over a Ducati and now the 848 is currently being serviced and I canna wait!

Cheers, RoadRunner

2. welcome roadrunner'

3. Welcome RR :):upyeah:

4. Welcome dude

5. Welcome to the Forum RR:upyeah:. There's nowt wrong with load exhausts just use some earplugs:)

6. Welcome and enjoy

7. Welcome to the forum

8. I did and it was still blooming loud! Nothing against them, and fun for an hour or so but.... maybe its an age thing!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks - looking forward to some fun.

10. Thank you.

11. Thanks

12. Hi & welcome. Good choice of Duc. Pics when you can please, we all like that.

13. Welcome along R R

14. Sure will Expat Jack, was a traditional photographer until digital came in - that got my middle digit! I think she's real pretty - but each to their own. Only managed to purchase the 848 after selling a classic bike I restored (over a 30 yr period) but found out I'd never ride it - so a guy from Luxembourg drove over and collected it! Funnily enough it was also red ;-) The 848 will get ridden.

MOC885-1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Cheers Harry - forum seems real friendly! :)

16. Any suggestions where I can get a decent rear single sided paddock stand without taking out a 2nd mortgage? I think it takes 21.7mm spindle? I'm in no rush but would be good to keep her level.

17. Thanks Nodrog - a +ve start to Ducati ownership. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. First up join as a member. You get a Halfords trade card which more than pays the membership in discount over the year.
    Post a wanted ad on for sale and wanted. Paddock stands seem to be a staple in trade here.

19. Welcome Dave

20. Meep,meep welcome aboard.:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information