1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Noise And Speed Limits For Motorcyclists Enforced In The Dolomites

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Android853sp, Jul 29, 2020.

1. This is wheeled out every year as far as I can see ? Nothing there about noise either and back in 2009 on my first trip to the alps I was moaned at for having a loud pipe on my gs it was a forgone conclusion I would get 12 months in prison according to those close to the gser,s finnally last year managed to get a speeding ticket in austria heading towards the timeljoch 28km,s over in a 50 zone and a 50 euro on the spot fine , mental loud exhaust was no problem he was actually baffeled by me shaking his hand and thanking him for his time !! Dirty rat bag mates sitting up the road laughing and pointing at me was worse ! The article states there lowering the limits where appropriate which I don't blame them the italians are nuts up there !

2. as with anything else... Let the places you USED to go to know that they are losing your business over it.
    I bet there are plenty of places that are just as nice to ride... But not as famous for it that would LOVE to have your business.

3. Just returned from dolomites On Tuesday from an 8 day tour on bike, loads loud exhausts on all types bikes some going very fast not a problem local police in Riva del Garda took no notice at all to the bikes howling along in mountains more bothered about people being daft in the towns.

Think it was the best trip in years and I go every year roads empty locals very happy to see people returning the guy who owned a petrol station in
    Desenzano came out to shake my hand when he realised I’d ridden over spent 10 mins telling me places to go on the Lake with bike and showing me pictures of his bikes the same reaction With the local French as well.

If you can get go and don’t worry

#4 charlie749, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information