1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Rsv4 Factory Is Looking Very Good!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Poucher, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Is it just me or do the press photos make it look like a 125

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. doesnt look as mean as the older one, but no doubt a good bike

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Side profile with swat and tank, looks like a gixer

4. offended

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. My neighbour Dan, across the road, bought the 2019 version last April (2020). RRP was £21.5k and he got it for £15k!!

And that included Delivery to West Yorks from Swansea!

• Like Like x 2
  6. My point exactly!
    I bought an RSV 1000 v twin years ago and lost a fortune after two years!

If they would price the factory at about £19k and the RR at £15.5 ish and stick to those prices without discounting I think they would shift more bikes in the long run as people wouldn’t be sh1t scared of losing a fortune on one when the discounts start, ..could be tempted?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I think by now, almost everyone knows that only total maniacs pay RRP for a RSV4! and that's not me being snarky, but I can't think of a worst manufacturer for pricing practices than Aprilia

8. KTM comes a close second!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I bought a brand new RSV Factory in 2008 for £8,995. I haven't got a clue what value has been added over the past 12ish years to justify the price of new bikes. I now buy all my bikes & cars at the 3-year point when most of the depreciation has already happened.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I can’t believe how most good bikes are heading to/past the 20 grand mark , seems like that’s just happened in the last couple of years?

Here’s a question for you?
    The Aprilia RS 660 is about £10k....can you honestly see this RSV 4 1100 being worth 2.3 times that?
    Just doesn’t seem to stack up with me??

• Agree Agree x 2

11. I don’t really get the 660 personally. It’s like they’ve half built what could have been a mega supersports 600 and decided to fit a lawn mower motor to it :weary_face:

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Well a V4S is £24.5k...cannot see this being slower or less of a "weapon" on track.
    + as others mentioned..it would be on sale for 19k within couple of months following realease.
    Only problem with Aprilia is lack of dealers and long delivery time for spare parts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. nobody who rode a RS250 ever said that, hence why I’m waiting to ride one to judge. Can imagine running into corners with as much speed as possible, awesome.. still think the 748r is the best bike I’ve ridden and it has 100hp and weighs 210KG I reckon, this weighs 180KG with same power.

• Agree Agree x 1

14. I hear you. But at 98bhp (alleged) and 180+ Kg’s it’s not exactly a super lightweight either :/

15. fair... I’m seriously considering trying to get one of the last 1000cc RF’s this year if a clean one comes up in the red paint scheme, it was absolutely epic, and doesn’t have any of this wing shite, but I have resisted so far as I’m a small bike guy deep down, small dick I guess haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

16. Haha - nothing wrong with small bikes !

17. Fundamentally the same bike.... frames the same, swingarm obviously changed, new clothes, slightly more ergonomic, updated electronics, 20cc more and few more Nm in the midrange.... If it’s anything like the old bike with some improvements then it’s going to be banging on the V4’s door!! I’ve always been a big fan but have never owned one due to the lack of dealerships down south. I do like the idea of cornering lights though:eek:....

Definitely some bargains to be had on the earlier models :punch:

18. A couple of videos of actual bikes

Grey RR

Black and red Factory

Not seen one for the Purple Factory yet, ...So far I think the grey is the nicer colour but it’s not on the factory :(

Have to say they look great in the flesh,...here Aprilia, take my money!!

19. i like the underslung swing arm but not keen on that front fairing

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information