1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sfv4s - Back From Bmw

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Oly, Sep 14, 2021.

1. had a year or so on a bmw r1250gs.
    Just got back to ducati with a new streetfighter v4s.
    Sorry about the pic but its rained non stop since i got it.
    Just a couple of questions.
    I like to have a small tail bag on to carry a few bits,
    anyone recoomend something?
    Also it seems that the radiator and oil guards are a must.
    But it seems you have to take half the bike to pieces to fit them?
    Do you think the dealer would fit them at first service? Im presuming they take the plastics off whilst servicing anyway? IMG_0932.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Regarding oil cooler and rad guards, first thing I did was fit some Evotech guards. Quality piece of kit, but difficult to follow instructions and a royal PITA to fit. I did think of having my local dealer fit them for me, but did not want to risk waiting until first service as the radiators are very exposed.

There is a very useful video on Ytube, which details each step and I wish it was available when I fitted mine.

For tail bags, I have the Kriega US 30 tail bag and the Ducati fit kit, not used it on the SF as yet, but worked great on my old S1000R, so am sure will be same on the Ducati.

Cheers
    Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. thanks, ill have a watch of the video. then see if i think i can do it without breaking anything!

4. ive ordered the kit from evotech, as long as its just removing bits, and replacing them after fitting i should be fine,

5. Yes that's basically it, but there are a lot of bits to remove and replace. Also, be careful when removing the wings, which need to be removed first to get at the radiator side pieces. There are 2 recessed bolts in each wing and the inner bolts have restricted access due to the shape of the wing tips. They are made of typical Ducati chocolate and thread locked! I rounded off 2 bolts when removing them and ended up buying allen bolt extractors, easy-out extractors, and an extra long 3 mm drill bit. I then replaced all 8 with titanium bolts and had no further issues.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Fitting those Evotech guards was one of the most awkward things I have done on a bike.
    They also should have had some kind of hook to go over the top of the rad as all that holds them in is the bottom lip that basically gets jammed behind the plastic radiator surround.

7. well i ordered them this morning and they are arriving tomorrow,

8. You did well to find a SFV4S in red, in stock! My dealer has said November earliest, as have a few others.

9. well ive fitted the guards, and yes the wing bolts are terrible and one would come out, not sure why they use red threadlock for those? so i managed to fit without removing one sides wings,
    once all back together only thing i have noticed is that the left hand side ( sat on bike) aluminium trim pieces dont seeem to fit flush to the black plastic behind them? Can anyone photo theirs so i can confirm that mine are ok or something isnt quite right, thanks

10. Not sure if this is of any help and hope its the correct area, but here's mine.

I have covered them in black vinyl, so does not show the edge as clearly, but they are fairly flush with the surrounding trims. I apologies for the bad lighting and also the fact that the bike needs a clean, which will be done this weekend.

20211007_114154.jpg 20211007_114219.jpg

11. 02C34B27-516D-452C-B88C-1AFF5573CE38.jpeg 228C2AB0-A340-452C-9C2A-BB4CFA362A74.jpeg 13BCA58B-DB5A-493B-83C2-B384955E4E40.jpeg Thanks for those. This is my right hand side( sat On bike)
    As you can see it doesn’t fit flush. Just
    Need to know whether to dismantle that side again or it’s normal

Do Not Sell My Personal Information