1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 New Springs

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Beef, Apr 10, 2018.

1. I'm looking into having JHS Racing re spring my bike as its a bit bouncy, they have quoted approx. £450 for front & rear springs including fork service to loose forks and rear shock.

My bike has a centre stand but I don't have a front paddock stand that fits to the bottom yolk, would it be ok to support the bike under the engine so that I can remove suspension?

I cant support from above in my garage unfortunately, any advice appreciated.

2. What do you mean by "bouncy"? Are you saying the springs are too hard for you or too soft? Or could it be that the springs are OK and your problem is with the damping?

3. Standard springs are too soft..........now about supporting the bike?!!! :laughing:

4. Beef... Have you set the damping to your preference yet?

A lot of the movement can be dialled out using the adjusters etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Abba Stand....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. FFS......Thanks Aircon :grinning: - I've got one in my garage and totally forgot it was there, I bought it off a mate when he sold his Mutley, never used it. Moved 3x and struggled with storage & DIY stuff!! Well now I have just put up a 6m x 3m Workshop/shed so I can have my garage back!............. I hope they have instructions online.

Shoboshi, I have the ECU upgrade, I'm 16stone, + tour a lot fully loaded ;)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. I recommend Weightwatchers @Beef

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I'm a little heavier (actually a lot) and I did upgrade the rear and front springs with Ohlin.

9. Understood. The spring load rate is somewhere on the forum but I know that most go to a 100nm rear. Not expensive to buy but can be nuisance to fit unless you know someone with spring compressor. Fronts obviously more involved. I’d chat to Darren or Keith at MCT for their advice on the front end.

10. :laughing: I'm only a couple of KG's above the weight I completed basic training at 27 years ago!! #NEVERGONNABEARACINGSNAKE!!

:upyeah:

MCT are 3 hrs away from me - JHS Racing are an hour and a half away and don't seem to have any bad reviews...........

11. Don’t know Jhs unless it’s John Hacket.

MCT revalved my R1 Ohlins front and rear and re sprung rear too.
    Bike was amazing afterwards.
    Their advice was free.

• Like Like x 1

12. Is that Hockey, Beef.

13. http://www.jhsracing.co.uk/

Near Bristol!

From reading threads on here, a stiffer set of springs should sort everything out - The SCU upgrade can deal with the stuff that's a bit beyond me :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information