1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New St2 Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by David Duke, May 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hi All,
    Recently picked up an immaculate low mile 2001 ST2 and although decent service history the clutch sounds awful. I know the air-cooled clutch is 'noisy by design', but maybe I need to recalibrate my 'noisy' and wondered if there is any rule-of-thumb as to what is normal and what is not - before I start measuring plate thickness etc?
    Many thanks.

2. Welcome and enjoy. Cannot comment on the clutch, bother the Hyper I had and the Scrambler have wet clutches

3. Welcome to the forum.

4. Welcome. I have an ST2 from about 1999 - it's 'Y' re,g as in Y83 DFC. I was in the middle of a valve shim check and adjust when I was knocked off my Monster in March '19. Still not able to ride but must finish that valve check!!!!

5. Hi and welcome,
    My Old St2 clutch sound definitely made my mates question its health and reliability.:D Providing its not dragging and working fine , I'd just enjoy the old girl. Slave cylinder upgrade helps with the clutch lever effort. Or join a good gym:) I love the ST models. Infact it must be the ST acronym I like as I've just bought a low mileage Triumph 1050 ST to add to my garage and tour the picos:p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks to all for your input which I need to spend some time absorbing. Got a factory manual with the bike also, so need to open that up and see what, if anything, that says on the matter. Next task will be to raise the bars, my old wrists need a bit of help - any thoughts, is there a kit?

7. Helibars.
    You may find this FB group helpful as well

https://www.facebook.com/groups/834643140048807/?ref=share

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome to the forum

9. UPDATE - visited a Ducati garage who listed and said the bike sounded absolutely fine and that I'll get to enjoy the clutch harmonies in time!

• Like Like x 1
  10. He also 'listened' to the bike...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information