1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 New Style Akrapovic Silencers, Do They Have A Disclaimer?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Phill748, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Hi, I noticed that the Ducati site now says the Akrapovic slip on for the V2 is 'Strictly not for road use' where as I am sure on the 959 they didn't say this.

The question is that I saw a post a while back from someone saying there is big disclaimer writing on the cans now, saying 'Not For Road Use' blatently. Can anyone confirm this? perfect scenario is that this is written with all the other stuff on the inside faces of the cans so that A) it's pretty hidden, and B) It doesn't totally ruin their look!

I am after a V2 owner who can confirm this though? maybe even with a pic.

Ducati Store had the 20% off, would make the kit £2k which is still a lot but I'm considering them in the summer.

2. If you’re worried about it, grind/polish it off :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. but that would mean grinding away the face of the exhaust, kinda not keen on that on £2k worth of exhausts. It's not so much the issue of it saying it, as they have said it for years somewhere on the cans, it's whether they have now plastered it on the side of the exhausts.

They are also too loud, and it's going to be a pain at trackdays even with custom baffles, but honestly, without meaning to sound dramatic, I think I'll end up selling the V2 in the summer if I don't get the exhausts. It's too strangled down low in the revs, and the heat is just horrendous. My plan would be to swap to a 1299S I would think. Maybe even one that already has the exhausts on it

4. You don’t have to take off much.

I did exactly this on my fireblade. It had the full big bore arrow competition system fitted and would wake the dead.

no problems :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. thanks, it's just how blatant they are with it now. previously you had to look really hard for the not for road use message, on my 899 Termi's it was laser etched on the inside so actually once fitted you couldn't see (although only a deaf person would have missed that they were loud!).

I guess I'm just worrying too much, just need to crack on and get them.

6. Carole has the wheel barrow race Akrapovic fitted to her SuperSport and it sounds really nice, not in your face loud. Get it bought :D Andy

7. haha well, I need to butter up MR in the spring, Ducati Manchester fairly regularly do discounts of 20% and I'd rather just buy it through MR and have them fit it and do the map if they can match the price, so will be speaking to them. I didn't buy my bike from MR but I do get my servicing and all my bits (like the £700 fairing kit) from them.

8. You can only ask. Good luck :upyeah: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. I dont think Ducati Store have the akra on sale - looking at arrow at £1100

10. They sent a discount code out the weekend, I got as far as putting them in my basket and applying the discount so definitely there. The discount code ended on Sunday though, I'm thinking of putting the money to one side for the next time they do the offer.

11. correct just spoke to them I want on mailing list - missed it but did a deal

12. Hi Phill748,

I have the Akrapovic on my V4S and it has the same message, stating for race use only, although it also specifically highlights US and Canada. If it helps, I purchased it from Ducati Manchester and not on-line so definitely legit.

I also have Bikesafe in April, so I I have any dramas, I will let you know.

Thanks

Si.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I bought the Akra for my V2. And it does say, quite blatantly “not for road use” although it does specify that it applies to Canada & USA only.

Apropos nuthin...aluminium heat shield tape and a sticker from ebay....

56D8FAB9-C487-43E2-ABC6-ECFEFF3CA6FE.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fitting underslungs isnt going to make any difference to the heat thats generated from under the seat . Neither going to a 1299 isnt either im afraid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. It does on the V2. There is no cat in the akra cans but there is on stock - so far better flow.

16. Its the looped header that causes the heat issue under the seat . I had akras on my 959 and the heat was still an issue

17. Yes... I know it is from the looped header. However there is much freer flowing exhaust in the akras.
    On my V2 it was much hotter with the stock exhaust than the akras.

18. the hope is just for it to be the same sort of heat level as a 899/959 which was bearable. The understanding is that with removal of the 2 cats and Much richer fuel map this will be achievable. I’ve had plenty of time on other panigales, and they were okay.

19. Anything over 25 degrees last year and i was riding with legs apart to cool my dry roasted. Towns were best avoided

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information