1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Supercorsa Tires

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by jose, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Do you not have a legal minimum tyre thread depth? You shouldn't be going anywhere near the breakout point of seeing the steel banding. Shocking really you'd allow things to go so far. Although its your life & your bones you gunna break if it goes pear shaped.

2. I haven’t been riding for two weeks because of this. It wasn’t like this when I went for my last ride. It actually just appeared from one ride . I new I was going to replace it so I took it for a good ride. When I came home, that’s when I noticed it.
    I agree , not worth riding it after I saw that.

#3 jose, Dec 26, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Who uses Supercorsas for long life?? I’ve not managed more that 1800-2000 miles out of a pair yet, I’m on my fourth set at 7500 miles on the 12R....

still, they are mega grippy!

4. I must be really gentle on the road or something as I can get good mileage out of sc’s

5. Grippy is the reason they are my preferred tires. Glad I have the free tires for life program.
    If I run these hard they won’t last at all. Since I do a lot of commuting, I can get some good mileage out of them.

6. Thread moved

7. Sorry to those who replied, I had to reload this thread due to problems on the last.

8. When you talk about tyres it goes in the tyre section, no matter the bike, as it makes it easier for more people to follow. 1% of Ducati owners have a hyper and are interested in it.....100% have tyres ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Consider yourself told off lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Not the way I took it, but whatever the administrator does is ok by me.

To the administrator,
    Thanks for fixing it.

#11 jose, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Same here can normally get around 4000 out of a rear which normally includes a couple of trips to the Ring. I must try harder.

• Like Like x 1
  12. guys whats the difference between the pirelli supercorsa sp and sc tyres??

13. The SP is the latest road legal track tyre developed from the WSBK control tyre. The SC V3 is similar but available in different compounds for the more serious track day rider. Both good tyres, the SP is standard on the Panigale V4, both deliver limited mileage but very sticky. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. i need some on my new race bike so think il go for the sp's :upyeah:

15. Mmmm, I went with the SC’s on my V4, SC1 compound on the front and SC2 compound on the rear. Did 4 days at Almeria and a day at Donington. Found tyre pressure critical at Almeria as day 4 was about 10 or 12 degrees hotter and I forgot to let some air out. The Pirelli website has some good information on tyre pressures and temperatures. Andy

16. i wont be riding this one that hard mate, any other pirelli you recommend??

17. Until I needed a 200/60, I was (and still am) a great fan of the latest generation Metzeler Racetec RR. Awesome tyre. The Supercorsa SP was great during running in the V4, no concerns. You could probably seek out superseded V2 which is still a good tyre but it should be cheaper. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1

18. SP road

Sc track.

SP’s are capable enough on track though still. Sc’s go off very quickly. I struggle to get a day out of an Sc even on a 600

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. thanks mate, as i said il go with the sp's

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information