1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 New To Me 996

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Fredkall, Nov 13, 2021.

1. New paint
    New clutch
    New tires
    New services incl belts/fluids/pads

Just waaiting for the spring now…. 6CF68DE0-C76E-481B-B06A-D0D7B04005B1.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  2. and I thought I used my front brake hard. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Congratulations.... it's beautiful!!!!

4. My recent 996 acquisition has left a puddle on the garage floor. A bit more work over the winter is needed to prep her for a Classic Bike track day in 2022.
    It did pass the MOT with a repeated advisory on uneven front brake discs, so wheel out and in the balancer to figure out what that could be.

5. you going full track bike paul??

6. Not with this one, although the previous owner replaced everything with carbon including the tank.
    I got her approved for ULEZ so rides to the Bike Shed and friendly UK track days.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Very nice, any pics of the newly acquired auction one ? Mines got a carbon tank too but it reeks of fuel in the garage on a 3/4’s or more tank. No signs of leaks at all.. just very strong fumes . Doesn’t do it on lower fuel levels so I will investigate over winter

8. @Fredkall Lovely example!! Congratulations, she looks cracking.

Mine did the same mate, no immediate evidence of where it was leaking....but it absolutely was....turns out it was the "feed" dry break coupling under the tank, the o-ring had gone past its best (although looked fine to the naked eye). I assume that on higher fuel levels the pressure on that o-ring was slightly higher to allow it through...dunno. The dribble was so slight that it was evaporating before I could spot it. All fixed with new metal CPC dry breaks, and no whifs of fuel whatsoever.

(Sorry Fredkall for slight hijack)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information