1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 New To Me 999

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Nevstah, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Hi everyone, I've been away from Ducati for a while but I'm back with a low mileage 999.
    What does everyone use for a rear paddock stand on the grey swinging arms? 'balancing' the bike on the edge of universal 'L' pads looks dicey, especially with the engine running to oil the chain!!
    I've not been out on the bike yet, waiting to tax it for May, but ridden it on a private carpark!
    Stalled on me once when i stopped, not sure why and it's not had a proper run yet, hopefully nothing
    Just in time for summer!!

2. Hi
    I wouldn't use universal paddock stands on 999. You're better off with the genuine 749/999 paddock stand, it has shaped rubbers which match the contours of the swing arm.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks yes, i used to have one but alas no more :( I've not seen the proper ones anywhere!!

4. You can also get yourself a set of spindle sliders: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233778509087

Yes I know they don't look great but means you can use a normal paddock stand and its far less finnicky to use...and less prone to making the bike fall over.

• Like Like x 1
  5. can't remove rear wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have both, the standard one with the spindle sliders gets used 90% of the time!

Only removed the rear wheel 4 times and that's because I took the shock out for a service :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rear wheel comes off to change the tyre, though i don't want to put huge miles on the bike!!
    It's mostly for spray oiling the chain whilst running in gear, much easier than spraying a few inches then pushing the bike forward a bit etc

8. Then the spindle sliders are the best and easiest option!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alternative is if you have an ABBA stand you just need the 999 adapter. And you can get the swing arm/shock out.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Agree but ABBA stand + adapter isn't in the same price range as £35 on the spindle slider!! :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. It's not the same, but it does work on other bikes with adapters, plus it's a centre stand and not at the rear so better access

Do Not Sell My Personal Information